An adaptive study to determine the optimal dose of the tablet formulation of the PARP inhibitor olaparib.
Dean, Emma J
AffiliationDrug Development Unit, The Royal Marsden/The Institute of Cancer Research, Downs Road, Sutton, SM2 5PT, UK
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractOlaparib is poorly soluble, requiring advanced drug delivery technologies for adequate bioavailability. Sixteen capsules/day are required for the approved 400 mg twice-daily dose; a tablet formulation was developed to reduce pill burden. This clinical trial evaluated the optimal dose and administration schedule of the tablet formulation.
CitationAn adaptive study to determine the optimal dose of the tablet formulation of the PARP inhibitor olaparib. 2016, 11 (3):401-15 Target Oncol
- Administration of the Tablet Formulation of Olaparib in Patients with Ovarian Cancer: Practical Guidance and Expectations.
- Authors: Moore KN, Birrer MJ
- Issue date: 2018 Jun
- Safety and tolerability of the olaparib tablet formulation in Japanese patients with advanced solid tumours.
- Authors: Yonemori K, Tamura K, Kodaira M, Fujikawa K, Sagawa T, Esaki T, Shirakawa T, Hirai F, Yokoi Y, Kawata T, Hatano B, Takahashi Y
- Issue date: 2016 Sep
- Phase I study of olaparib plus gemcitabine in patients with advanced solid tumours and comparison with gemcitabine alone in patients with locally advanced/metastatic pancreatic cancer.
- Authors: Bendell J, O'Reilly EM, Middleton MR, Chau I, Hochster H, Fielding A, Burke W, Burris H 3rd
- Issue date: 2015 Apr
- Phase I dose escalation study of the PI3kinase pathway inhibitor BKM120 and the oral poly (ADP ribose) polymerase (PARP) inhibitor olaparib for the treatment of high-grade serous ovarian and breast cancer.
- Authors: Matulonis UA, Wulf GM, Barry WT, Birrer M, Westin SN, Farooq S, Bell-McGuinn KM, Obermayer E, Whalen C, Spagnoletti T, Luo W, Liu H, Hok RC, Aghajanian C, Solit DB, Mills GB, Taylor BS, Won H, Berger MF, Palakurthi S, Liu J, Cantley LC, Winer E
- Issue date: 2017 Mar 1
- Practical considerations for clinicians for transitioning patients on maintenance therapy with olaparib capsules to the tablet formulation of olaparib.
- Authors: Friedlander M, Shannon C, Goh J, Scott C, Mileshkin L
- Issue date: 2018 Dec