Consensus on precision medicine for metastatic cancers: A report from the MAP conference.
de Koning, L
AffiliationTranslational Cancer Therapeutics Laboratory, The Francis Crick Institute, London
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractRecent advances in biotechnologies have led to the development of multiplex genomic and proteomic analyses for clinical use. Nevertheless, guidelines are currently lacking to determine which molecular assays should be implemented in metastatic cancers. The 1(st) MAP conference was dedicated to exploring the use of genomics to better select therapies in the treatment of metastatic cancers. 16 consensus items were covered. While there was a consensus that new technologies like next-generation sequencing (NGS) of tumors and of ddPCR on circulating free DNA have convincing analytical validity, further work needs to be undertaken to establish both the clinical utility of liquid biopsies and the added clinical value of expanding from individual gene tests into large gene panels. Experts agreed that standardized bioinformatics methods for biological interpretation of genomic data are needed and that Precision Medicine trials should be stratified based on the level of evidence available for the genomic alterations identified.
CitationConsensus on precision medicine for metastatic cancers: A report from the MAP conference. 2016: Ann Oncol
JournalAnnals of Oncology
- Clinical tumor sequencing: opportunities and challenges for precision cancer medicine.
- Authors: Damodaran S, Berger MF, Roychowdhury S
- Issue date: 2015
- Defining precision: The precision medicine initiative trials NCI-MPACT and NCI-MATCH.
- Authors: Coyne GO, Takebe N, Chen AP
- Issue date: 2017 May - Jun
- A targeted next-generation sequencing assay detects a high frequency of therapeutically targetable alterations in primary and metastatic breast cancers: implications for clinical practice.
- Authors: Vasan N, Yelensky R, Wang K, Moulder S, Dzimitrowicz H, Avritscher R, Wang B, Wu Y, Cronin MT, Palmer G, Symmans WF, Miller VA, Stephens P, Pusztai L
- Issue date: 2014 May
- A Platform for Comprehensive Genomic Profiling in Human Cancers and Pharmacogenomics Therapy Selection.
- Authors: Kou T, Kanai M, Kamada M, Nakatsui M, Matsumoto S, Okuno Y, Muto M
- Issue date: 2018
- Implementation of "clinical sequencing" in cancer genome medicine in Japan.
- Authors: Kohno T
- Issue date: 2018 Mar