Vitamin D Pathway Gene Polymorphisms and Keratinocyte Cancers: A Nested Case-Control Study and Meta-Analysis.
AffiliationThe University of Queensland, School of Public Health, Herston, Australia
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe vitamin D endocrine system is implicated in skin carcinogenesis and polymorphisms in genes associated with the vitamin D receptor (VDR) gene may alter the risk of keratinocyte cancers (basal cell carcinoma (BCC) and squamous cell carcinoma (SCC)).
CitationVitamin D Pathway Gene Polymorphisms and Keratinocyte Cancers: A Nested Case-Control Study and Meta-Analysis. 2016, 36 (5):2145-52 Anticancer Res
- Association of genetic variants of the vitamin D receptor (VDR) with cutaneous squamous cell carcinomas (SCC) and basal cell carcinomas (BCC): a pilot study in a German population.
- Authors: Köstner K, Denzer N, Koreng M, Reichrath S, Gräber S, Klein R, Tilgen W, Vogt T, Reichrath J
- Issue date: 2012 Jan
- An enhanced risk of basal cell carcinoma is associated with particular polymorphisms in the VDR and MTHFR genes.
- Authors: Lesiak A, Norval M, Wodz-Naskiewicz K, Pawliczak R, Rogowski-Tylman M, Sysa-Jedrzejowska A, Sobjanek M, Wlodarkiewicz A, Narbutt J
- Issue date: 2011 Oct
- Polymorphisms in the MTHFR and VDR genes and skin cancer risk.
- Authors: Han J, Colditz GA, Hunter DJ
- Issue date: 2007 Feb
- Genetic analysis of the vitamin D receptor gene in two epithelial cancers: melanoma and breast cancer case-control studies.
- Authors: Barroso E, Fernandez LP, Milne RL, Pita G, Sendagorta E, Floristan U, Feito M, Aviles JA, Martin-Gonzalez M, Arias JI, Zamora P, Blanco M, Lazaro P, Benitez J, Ribas G
- Issue date: 2008 Dec 23
- Prospective associations between vitamin D status, vitamin D-related gene polymorphisms, and risk of tobacco-related cancers.
- Authors: Deschasaux M, Souberbielle JC, Latino-Martel P, Sutton A, Charnaux N, Druesne-Pecollo N, Galan P, Hercberg S, Le Clerc S, Kesse-Guyot E, Ezzedine K, Touvier M
- Issue date: 2015 Nov