Common genetic variation associated with increased susceptibility to prostate cancer does not increase risk of radiotherapy toxicity.
Elliott, Rebecca M
West, Catharine M L
AffiliationThe Institute of Cancer Research, Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust, 123 Old Brompton Road, London SW7 3RP, UK
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractNumerous germline single-nucleotide polymorphisms increase susceptibility to prostate cancer, some lying near genes involved in cellular radiation response. This study investigated whether prostate cancer patients with a high genetic risk have increased toxicity following radiotherapy.
CitationCommon genetic variation associated with increased susceptibility to prostate cancer does not increase risk of radiotherapy toxicity. 2016, 114 (10):1165-74 Br J Cancer
JournalBritish Journal of Cancer
- A genome wide association study (GWAS) providing evidence of an association between common genetic variants and late radiotherapy toxicity.
- Authors: Barnett GC, Thompson D, Fachal L, Kerns S, Talbot C, Elliott RM, Dorling L, Coles CE, Dearnaley DP, Rosenstein BS, Vega A, Symonds P, Yarnold J, Baynes C, Michailidou K, Dennis J, Tyrer JP, Wilkinson JS, Gómez-Caamaño A, Tanteles GA, Platte R, Mayes R, Conroy D, Maranian M, Luccarini C, Gulliford SL, Sydes MR, Hall E, Haviland J, Misra V, Titley J, Bentzen SM, Pharoah PD, Burnet NG, Dunning AM, West CM
- Issue date: 2014 May
- Meta-analysis of Genome Wide Association Studies Identifies Genetic Markers of Late Toxicity Following Radiotherapy for Prostate Cancer.
- Authors: Kerns SL, Dorling L, Fachal L, Bentzen S, Pharoah PD, Barnes DR, Gómez-Caamaño A, Carballo AM, Dearnaley DP, Peleteiro P, Gulliford SL, Hall E, Michailidou K, Carracedo Á, Sia M, Stock R, Stone NN, Sydes MR, Tyrer JP, Ahmed S, Parliament M, Ostrer H, Rosenstein BS, Vega A, Burnet NG, Dunning AM, Barnett GC, West CM, Radiogenomics Consortium.
- Issue date: 2016 Aug
- Patients with a High Polygenic Risk of Breast Cancer do not have An Increased Risk of Radiotherapy Toxicity.
- Authors: Dorling L, Barnett GC, Michailidou K, Coles CE, Burnet NG, Yarnold J, Elliott RM, Dunning AM, Pharoah PD, West CM
- Issue date: 2016 Mar 15
- Association of genetic variants in apoptosis genes FAS and FASL with radiation-induced late toxicity after prostate cancer radiotherapy.
- Authors: Thurner EM, Krenn-Pilko S, Langsenlehner U, Renner W, Gerger A, Kapp KS, Langsenlehner T
- Issue date: 2014 Mar
- Independent validation of genes and polymorphisms reported to be associated with radiation toxicity: a prospective analysis study.
- Authors: Barnett GC, Coles CE, Elliott RM, Baynes C, Luccarini C, Conroy D, Wilkinson JS, Tyrer J, Misra V, Platte R, Gulliford SL, Sydes MR, Hall E, Bentzen SM, Dearnaley DP, Burnet NG, Pharoah PD, Dunning AM, West CM
- Issue date: 2012 Jan