Protocol for the isotoxic intensity modulated radiotherapy (IMRT) in stage III non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC): a feasibility study.
Bayman, Neil A
AffiliationRadiotherapy Related Research, The Christie NHS Foundation Trust, Manchester
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe majority of stage III patients with non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) are unsuitable for concurrent chemoradiotherapy, the non-surgical gold standard of care. As the alternative treatment options of sequential chemoradiotherapy and radiotherapy alone are associated with high local failure rates, various intensification strategies have been employed. There is evidence to suggest that altered fractionation using hyperfractionation, acceleration, dose escalation, and individualisation may be of benefit. The MAASTRO group have pioneered the concept of 'isotoxic' radiotherapy allowing for individualised dose escalation using hyperfractionated accelerated radiotherapy based on predefined normal tissue constraints. This study aims to evaluate whether delivering isotoxic radiotherapy using intensity modulated radiotherapy (IMRT) is achievable.
CitationProtocol for the isotoxic intensity modulated radiotherapy (IMRT) in stage III non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC): a feasibility study. 2016, 6 (4):e010457 BMJ Open
- Accelerated, Dose escalated, Sequential Chemoradiotherapy in Non-small-cell lung cancer (ADSCaN): a protocol for a randomised phase II study.
- Authors: Hatton MQF, Lawless CA, Faivre-Finn C, Landau D, Lester JF, Fenwick J, Simões R, McCartney E, Boyd KA, Haswell T, Shaw A, Paul J
- Issue date: 2019 Jan 29
- Study protocol: a multicentre, prospective, phase II trial of isotoxic hypofractionated concurrent chemoradiotherapy for non-small cell lung cancer.
- Authors: Liu YE, Xue XY, Zhang R, Chen XJ, Ding YX, Liu CX, Qin YL, Li WQ, Ren XC, Lin Q
- Issue date: 2020 Oct 23
- Protocol for the CONVERT trial-Concurrent ONce-daily VErsus twice-daily RadioTherapy: an international 2-arm randomised controlled trial of concurrent chemoradiotherapy comparing twice-daily and once-daily radiotherapy schedules in patients with limited stage small cell lung cancer (LS-SCLC) and good performance status.
- Authors: Faivre-Finn C, Falk S, Ashcroft L, Bewley M, Lorigan P, Wilson E, Groom N, Snee M, Fournel P, Cardenal F, Bezjak A, Blackhall F
- Issue date: 2016 Jan 20
- An isotoxic planning comparison study for stage II-III non-small cell lung cancer: is intensity-modulated radiotherapy the answer?
- Authors: Warren M, Webster G, Ryder D, Rowbottom C, Faivre-Finn C
- Issue date: 2014 Aug
- SOCCAR: A randomised phase II trial comparing sequential versus concurrent chemotherapy and radical hypofractionated radiotherapy in patients with inoperable stage III Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer and good performance status.
- Authors: Maguire J, Khan I, McMenemin R, O'Rourke N, McNee S, Kelly V, Peedell C, Snee M
- Issue date: 2014 Nov