Oxaliplatin and 5-FU/folinic acid (modified FOLFOX6) with or without aflibercept in first line treatment of patients with metastatic colorectal cancer - the AFFIRM study.
Saunders, Mark P
AffiliationUniversity Cancer Center / Medical Department I, University Hospital Carl Gustav Carus, Dresden, Germany
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe combination of aflibercept with FOLFIRI has been shown to significantly prolong overall survival in patients with metastatic colorectal cancer (mCRC) after progression on oxaliplatin-based therapy. This trial evaluated the addition of aflibercept to oxaliplatin-based first-line treatment of patients with mCRC.
CitationOxaliplatin and 5-FU/folinic acid (modified FOLFOX6) with or without aflibercept in first line treatment of patients with metastatic colorectal cancer - the AFFIRM study. 2016: Ann Oncol
JournalAnnals of Oncology
- Randomized phase III study of bevacizumab plus FOLFIRI and bevacizumab plus mFOLFOX6 as first-line treatment for patients with metastatic colorectal cancer (WJOG4407G).
- Authors: Yamazaki K, Nagase M, Tamagawa H, Ueda S, Tamura T, Murata K, Eguchi Nakajima T, Baba E, Tsuda M, Moriwaki T, Esaki T, Tsuji Y, Muro K, Taira K, Denda T, Funai S, Shinozaki K, Yamashita H, Sugimoto N, Okuno T, Nishina T, Umeki M, Kurimoto T, Takayama T, Tsuji A, Yoshida M, Hosokawa A, Shibata Y, Suyama K, Okabe M, Suzuki K, Seki N, Kawakami K, Sato M, Fujikawa K, Hirashima T, Shimura T, Taku K, Otsuji T, Tamura F, Shinozaki E, Nakashima K, Hara H, Tsushima T, Ando M, Morita S, Boku N, Hyodo I
- Issue date: 2016 Aug
- Observed benefit and safety of aflibercept in elderly patients with metastatic colorectal cancer: An age-based analysis from the randomized placebo-controlled phase III VELOUR trial.
- Authors: Ruff P, Van Cutsem E, Lakomy R, Prausova J, van Hazel GA, Moiseyenko VM, Soussan-Lazard K, Dochy E, Magherini E, Macarulla T, Papamichael D
- Issue date: 2018 Jan
- The Clinical and Cost Effectiveness of Aflibercept in Combination with Irinotecan and Fluorouracil-Based Therapy (FOLFIRI) for the Treatment of Metastatic Colorectal Cancer Which has Progressed Following Prior Oxaliplatin-Based Chemotherapy: a Critique of the Evidence.
- Authors: Wade R, Duarte A, Simmonds M, Rodriguez-Lopez R, Duffy S, Woolacott N, Spackman E
- Issue date: 2015 May
- Efficacy of aflibercept with FOLFOX and maintenance with fluoropyrimidine as first‑line therapy for metastatic colorectal cancer: GERCOR VELVET phase II study.
- Authors: Chibaudel B, Bachet JB, André T, Auby D, Desramé J, Deplanque G, Lecaille C, Louvet C, Tournigand C, Lebrun-Ly V, Dauba J, Lledo G, Garcia ML, Dubreuil O, Hamed NB, Meurisse A, Larsen AK, Tijeras-Raballand A, Bonnetain F, De Gramont A
- Issue date: 2019 Apr
- Authors: Ciombor KK, Berlin J, Chan E
- Issue date: 2013 Apr 15