Phase 1B/2 study of the HSP90 inhibitor AUY922 plus trastuzumab in metastatic HER2-positive breast cancer patients who have progressed on trastuzumab-based regimen.
Armstrong, Anne C
AffiliationChurchill Hospital, Oxford University Hospitals NHS Trust and University of Oxford, Oxford
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThis open-label, multicenter, phase 1B/2 trial assessed AUY922 plus trastuzumab in patients with locally advanced or metastatic HER2-positive breast cancer previously treated with chemotherapy and anti-HER2 therapy. This study was composed of a dose-escalation part with AUY922 administered weekly at escalating doses with trastuzumab 2 mg/kg/week (phase 1B), followed by a phase 2 part using the same regimen at recommended phase 2 dose (RP2D). The primary objectives were to determine the maximum tolerated dose (MTD) and/or RP2D (phase 1B), and to evaluate preliminary antitumor activity (phase 2) of AUY922 plus trastuzumab at MTD/RP2D. Forty-five patients were treated with AUY922 plus trastuzumab (4 in phase 1B with AUY922 at 55 mg/m2 and 41 in phase 1B/2 with AUY922 at 70 mg/m2 [7 in phase 1B and 34 in phase 2]). One patient in phase 1B (70 mg/m2) experienced a dose-limiting toxicity (grade 3 diarrhea); the RP2D was weekly AUY922 70 mg/m2 plus trastuzumab. Of the 41 patients in the 70 mg/m2 cohort, the overall response rate (complete or partial responses) was 22.0% and 48.8% patients had stable disease. Study treatment-related adverse events occurred in 97.8% of patients; of these, 31.1% were grade 3 or 4. Forty-one patients (91.1%) reported ocular events (82.3% had grade 1 or 2 events). Two patients (4.4%) had ocular events leading to the permanent discontinuation of study treatment. AUY922 at 70 mg/m2 plus trastuzumab standard therapy is well tolerated and active in patients with HER2-positive metastatic breast cancer who progressed on trastuzumab-based therapy.
CitationPhase 1B/2 study of the HSP90 inhibitor AUY922 plus trastuzumab in metastatic HER2-positive breast cancer patients who have progressed on trastuzumab-based regimen. 2016: Oncotarget
- A phase I trial of ganetespib in combination with paclitaxel and trastuzumab in patients with human epidermal growth factor receptor-2 (HER2)-positive metastatic breast cancer.
- Authors: Jhaveri K, Wang R, Teplinsky E, Chandarlapaty S, Solit D, Cadoo K, Speyer J, D'Andrea G, Adams S, Patil S, Haque S, O'Neill T, Friedman K, Esteva FJ, Hudis C, Modi S
- Issue date: 2017 Aug 2
- Phase 1/1B trial of the heat shock protein 90 inhibitor NVP-AUY922 as monotherapy or in combination with bortezomib in patients with relapsed or refractory multiple myeloma.
- Authors: Seggewiss-Bernhardt R, Bargou RC, Goh YT, Stewart AK, Spencer A, Alegre A, Bladé J, Ottmann OG, Fernandez-Ibarra C, Lu H, Pain S, Akimov M, Iyer SP
- Issue date: 2015 Jul 1
- Tucatinib with capecitabine and trastuzumab in advanced HER2-positive metastatic breast cancer with and without brain metastases: a non-randomised, open-label, phase 1b study.
- Authors: Murthy R, Borges VF, Conlin A, Chaves J, Chamberlain M, Gray T, Vo A, Hamilton E
- Issue date: 2018 Jul
- Phase Ib study of Buparlisib plus Trastuzumab in patients with HER2-positive advanced or metastatic breast cancer that has progressed on Trastuzumab-based therapy.
- Authors: Saura C, Bendell J, Jerusalem G, Su S, Ru Q, De Buck S, Mills D, Ruquet S, Bosch A, Urruticoechea A, Beck JT, Di Tomaso E, Sternberg DW, Massacesi C, Hirawat S, Dirix L, Baselga J
- Issue date: 2014 Apr 1
- Phase I/II Study of HSP90 Inhibitor AUY922 and Erlotinib for EGFR-Mutant Lung Cancer With Acquired Resistance to Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor Tyrosine Kinase Inhibitors.
- Authors: Johnson ML, Yu HA, Hart EM, Weitner BB, Rademaker AW, Patel JD, Kris MG, Riely GJ
- Issue date: 2015 May 20