Intensive breast screening in BRCA2 mutation carriers is associated with reduced breast cancer specific and all cause mortality.
AuthorsEvans, D Gareth R
Maxwell, A J
AffiliationGenesis Breast Cancer Prevention Centre and Nightingale Breast Screening Centre, University Hospital of South Manchester, Southmoor Road, Wythenshawe, Manchester
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe addition of annual MRI screening to mammography has heightened optimism that intensive screening along with improved treatments may substantially improve life expectancy of women at high risk of breast cancer. However, survival data from BRCA2 mutation carriers undergoing intensive combined breast screening are scarce.
CitationIntensive breast screening in BRCA2 mutation carriers is associated with reduced breast cancer specific and all cause mortality. 2016, 14:8 Hered Cancer Clin Pract
JournalHereditary Cancer in Clinical Practice
- Relevance and efficacy of breast cancer screening in BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutation carriers above 60 years: a national cohort study.
- Authors: Saadatmand S, Vos JR, Hooning MJ, Oosterwijk JC, Koppert LB, de Bock GH, Ausems MG, van Asperen CJ, Aalfs CM, Gómez Garcia EB, Meijers-Heijboer H, Hoogerbrugge N, Piek M, Seynaeve C, Verhoef C, Rookus M, Tilanus-Linthorst MM, Hereditary Breast and Ovarian Cancer Research Group Netherlands (HEBON).
- Issue date: 2014 Dec 15
- Breast cancer detection and tumor characteristics in BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutation carriers.
- Authors: Krammer J, Pinker-Domenig K, Robson ME, Gönen M, Bernard-Davila B, Morris EA, Mangino DA, Jochelson MS
- Issue date: 2017 Jun
- Differences in natural history between breast cancers in BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutation carriers and effects of MRI screening-MRISC, MARIBS, and Canadian studies combined.
- Authors: Heijnsdijk EA, Warner E, Gilbert FJ, Tilanus-Linthorst MM, Evans G, Causer PA, Eeles RA, Kaas R, Draisma G, Ramsay EA, Warren RM, Hill KA, Hoogerbrugge N, Wasser MN, Bergers E, Oosterwijk JC, Hooning MJ, Rutgers EJ, Klijn JG, Plewes DB, Leach MO, de Koning HJ
- Issue date: 2012 Sep
- Cost-effectiveness of screening with contrast enhanced magnetic resonance imaging vs X-ray mammography of women at a high familial risk of breast cancer.
- Authors: Griebsch I, Brown J, Boggis C, Dixon A, Dixon M, Easton D, Eeles R, Evans DG, Gilbert FJ, Hawnaur J, Kessar P, Lakhani SR, Moss SM, Nerurkar A, Padhani AR, Pointon LJ, Potterton J, Thompson D, Turnbull LW, Walker LG, Warren R, Leach MO, UK Magnetic Resonance Imaging in Breast Screening (MARIBS) Study Group.
- Issue date: 2006 Oct 9
- Cost-effectiveness of screening BRCA1/2 mutation carriers with breast magnetic resonance imaging.
- Authors: Plevritis SK, Kurian AW, Sigal BM, Daniel BL, Ikeda DM, Stockdale FE, Garber AM
- Issue date: 2006 May 24