Anilinoquinazoline inhibitors of the RET kinase domain-elaboration of the 7-position.
AuthorsJordan, Allan M
Fairweather, Emma E
Fritzl, Samantha J R
Goldberg, Kristin M
Hopkins, Gemma V
Hamilton, Niall M
Lyons, Amanda J
March, H Nikki
Small, Helen F
Waddell, Ian D
Watson, Amanda J
Ogilvie, Donald J
AffiliationDrug Discovery Unit, Cancer Research UK Manchester Institute, University of Manchester, Wilmslow Road, Manchester
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWe have previously reported a series of anilinoquinazoline derivatives as potent and selective biochemical inhibitors of the RET kinase domain. However, these derivatives displayed diminished cellular potency. Herein we describe further optimisation of the series through modification of their physicochemical properties, delivering improvements in cell potency. However, whilst cellular selectivity against key targets could be maintained, combining cell potency and acceptable pharmacokinetics proved challenging.
CitationAnilinoquinazoline inhibitors of the RET kinase domain-elaboration of the 7-position. 2016, 26 (11):2724-9 Bioorg Med Chem Lett
JournalBioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry Letters
- Synthesis, biological evaluation and molecular modelling studies of 4-anilinoquinazoline derivatives as protein kinase inhibitors.
- Authors: Waiker DK, Karthikeyan C, Poongavanam V, Kongsted J, Lozach O, Meijer L, Trivedi P
- Issue date: 2014 Mar 15
- 4-Anilinoquinazoline Derivatives with Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor Inhibitor Activity.
- Authors: Liu F, Tang B, Liu H, Li L, Liu G, Cheng Y, Xu Y, Chen W, Huang Y
- Issue date: 2016
- Synthesis, characterization, screening and docking analysis of 4-anilinoquinazoline derivatives as tyrosine kinase inhibitors.
- Authors: Lü S, Zheng W, Ji L, Luo Q, Hao X, Li X, Wang F
- Issue date: 2013 Mar
- The discovery of 2-substituted phenol quinazolines as potent RET kinase inhibitors with improved KDR selectivity.
- Authors: Newton R, Bowler KA, Burns EM, Chapman PJ, Fairweather EE, Fritzl SJR, Goldberg KM, Hamilton NM, Holt SV, Hopkins GV, Jones SD, Jordan AM, Lyons AJ, Nikki March H, McDonald NQ, Maguire LA, Mould DP, Purkiss AG, Small HF, Stowell AIJ, Thomson GJ, Waddell ID, Waszkowycz B, Watson AJ, Ogilvie DJ
- Issue date: 2016 Apr 13
- Synthesis and biological evaluation of substituted 6-alkynyl-4-anilinoquinazoline derivatives as potent EGFR inhibitors.
- Authors: Liu LT, Yuan TT, Liu HH, Chen SF, Wu YT
- Issue date: 2007 Nov 15