Immunohistochemical detection of BRAF V600E mutation status in anaplastic thyroid carcinoma.
AffiliationDepartment of Histopathology, Christie NHS Foundation Trust, Manchester, UK
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractAnaplastic thyroid carcinoma (ATC) is one of the most aggressive adult solid cancers. Due to its rarity, there are only a handful of molecular genetics studies on ATCs (1-3) . BRAF V600E mutation is one of the commonly reported genetic alterations, reported in10-68% of ATCs(1-4) . Currently there is no effective treatment for ATC.,Therapy targeting BRAF may provide a potential therapeutic option as a dramatic response to BRAF inhibitor (vemurafenib) has been reported in a case of BRAF-mutated ATC (5) . A number of studies have shown that BRAF V600E mutant-specific antibody VE1 can identify BRAF V600E mutation in a spectrum of cancers, including thyroid cancers (6) . We investigated the utility of this antibody for BRAF V600E screening in ATCs. This article is protected by copyright. All rights reserved.
CitationImmunohistochemical Detection of BRAF V600E Mutation Status in Anaplastic Thyroid Carcinoma. 2016: Histopathology
- Genomic Alterations of Anaplastic Thyroid Carcinoma Detected by Targeted Massive Parallel Sequencing in a BRAF(V600E) Mutation-Prevalent Area.
- Authors: Jeon MJ, Chun SM, Kim D, Kwon H, Jang EK, Kim TY, Kim WB, Shong YK, Jang SJ, Song DE, Kim WG
- Issue date: 2016 May
- Comparison of 2 monoclonal antibodies for immunohistochemical detection of BRAF V600E mutation in malignant melanoma, pulmonary carcinoma, gastrointestinal carcinoma, thyroid carcinoma, and gliomas.
- Authors: Routhier CA, Mochel MC, Lynch K, Dias-Santagata D, Louis DN, Hoang MP
- Issue date: 2013 Nov
- BRAF V600E mutation in anaplastic thyroid carcinomas and their accompanying differentiated carcinomas.
- Authors: Takano T, Ito Y, Hirokawa M, Yoshida H, Miyauchi A
- Issue date: 2007 May 21
- Enhanced B-Raf protein expression is independent of V600E mutant status in thyroid carcinomas.
- Authors: Kondo T, Nakazawa T, Murata S, Kurebayashi J, Ezzat S, Asa SL, Katoh R
- Issue date: 2007 Dec
- Prevalence, tumorigenic role, and biochemical implications of rare BRAF alterations.
- Authors: Barollo S, Pezzani R, Cristiani A, Redaelli M, Zambonin L, Rubin B, Bertazza L, Zane M, Mucignat-Caretta C, Bulfone A, Pennelli G, Casal Ide E, Pelizzo MR, Mantero F, Moro S, Mian C
- Issue date: 2014 May