AffiliationDepartment of Plastic Surgery, The Christie NHS Foundation Trust, Wilmslow Road, M20 4BX, Manchester
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWe present a technique that can, in principle, be applied to any pedicled flap that is routinely used for reconstructions of the forehead. In our experience, cyanoacrylate glue applied to the pedicle before the flap is inserted decreases postoperative bleeding and wound exudate.
CitationHaemostatic property of cyanoacrylate in pedicled flaps. 2016: Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg
JournalThe British Journal of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- Simple solution to prevent postoperative bleeding from paramidline forehead flap.
- Authors: Blattner CM, Markus B, Lear W
- Issue date: 2018 Apr
- Use of Cyanoacrylate Glue Casting for Stabilization of Periocular Skin Grafts and Flaps.
- Authors: Jackson CM, Nguyen M, Mancini R
- Issue date: 2017 May/Jun
- Periorbital reconstruction with the expanded pedicled forehead flap.
- Authors: Margulis A, Amar D, Billig A, Adler N
- Issue date: 2015 Mar
- Cyanoacrylate glue in an inadvertent trabeculectomy flap tear.
- Authors: Kasahara N
- Issue date: 2019 Feb
- Expanded narrow subcutaneous-pedicled island forehead flap for reconstruction of the forehead.
- Authors: Okazaki M, Ueda K, Sasaki K, Shiraishi T, Kurita M, Harii K
- Issue date: 2009 Aug