Tumourigenic non-small cell lung cancer mesenchymal circulating tumour cells - a clinical case study.
AuthorsMorrow, Christopher J
Hodgkinson, Cassandra L
Simpson, Kathryn L
Frese, Kristopher K
Rothwell, Dominic G
Miller, Crispin J
Blackhall, Fiona H
AffiliationClinical and Experimental Pharmacology Group, University of Manchester, Manchester
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractOver the past decade numerous reports describe the generation and increasing utility of non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) patient-derived xenografts (PDX) from tissue biopsies. While PDX have proven useful for genetic profiling and preclinical drug testing, the requirement of a tissue biopsy limits the available patient population, particularly those with advanced oligometastatic disease. Conversely, 'liquid biopsies' such as circulating tumour cells (CTCs) are minimally invasive and easier to obtain. Here we present a clinical case study of NSCLC patient with advanced metastatic disease, a never smoker whose primary tumour was EGFR and ALK wild type. We demonstrate for the first time, tumorigenicity of their CTCs to generate a patient CTC Derived eXplant (CDX).
CitationTumourigenic Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer Mesenchymal Circulating Tumour Cells - A Clinical Case Study. 2016: Ann Oncol
JournalAnnals of Oncology
- A prospective examination of circulating tumor cell profiles in non-small-cell lung cancer molecular subgroups.
- Authors: Lindsay CR, Faugeroux V, Michiels S, Pailler E, Facchinetti F, Ou D, Bluthgen MV, Pannet C, Ngo-Camus M, Bescher G, Caramella C, Billiot F, Remon J, Planchard D, Soria JC, Besse B, Farace F
- Issue date: 2017 Jul 1
- Circulating tumour cells escape from EpCAM-based detection due to epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition.
- Authors: Gorges TM, Tinhofer I, Drosch M, Röse L, Zollner TM, Krahn T, von Ahsen O
- Issue date: 2012 May 16
- Gemcitabine inhibits the micrometastasis of non-small cell lung cancer by targeting the EpCAM-positive circulating tumor cells via the HGF/cMET pathway.
- Authors: Liao ZJ, Guo YH, Zhao Z, Yao JT, Xu R, Nan KJ
- Issue date: 2014 Aug
- Epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition leads to disease-stage differences in circulating tumor cell detection and metastasis in pre-clinical models of prostate cancer.
- Authors: Lowes LE, Goodale D, Xia Y, Postenka C, Piaseczny MM, Paczkowski F, Allan AL
- Issue date: 2016 Nov 15
- Mesenchymal circulating tumor cells (CTCs) and OCT4 mRNA expression in CTCs for prognosis prediction in patients with non-small-cell lung cancer.
- Authors: Li S, Chen Q, Li H, Wu Y, Feng J, Yan Y
- Issue date: 2017 Sep