Inter-departmental dosimetry audits - development of methods and lessons learned.
AffiliationRadiotherapy Trials Quality Assurance Group, Mount Vernon Hospital, London
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractExternal dosimetry audits give confidence in the safe and accurate delivery of radiotherapy. In the United Kingdom, such audits have been performed for almost 30 years. From the start, they included clinically relevant conditions, as well as reference machine output. Recently, national audits have tested new or complex techniques, but these methods are then used in regional audits by a peer-to-peer approach. This local approach builds up the radiotherapy community, facilitates communication, and brings synergy to medical physics.
CitationInter-departmental dosimetry audits - development of methods and lessons learned. 40 (4):183-9 J Med Phys
JournalJournal of Medical Physics
- Analysis of regional radiotherapy dosimetry audit data and recommendations for future audits.
- Authors: Palmer A, Mzenda B, Kearton J, Wills R
- Issue date: 2011 Aug
- Radiotherapy dosimetry audit: three decades of improving standards and accuracy in UK clinical practice and trials.
- Authors: Clark CH, Aird EG, Bolton S, Miles EA, Nisbet A, Snaith JA, Thomas RA, Venables K, Thwaites DI
- Issue date: 2015
- An external dosimetry audit programme to credential static and rotational IMRT delivery for clinical trials quality assurance.
- Authors: Eaton DJ, Tyler J, Backshall A, Bernstein D, Carver A, Gasnier A, Henderson J, Lee J, Patel R, Tsang Y, Yang H, Zotova R, Wells E
- Issue date: 2017 Mar
- A national dosimetry audit of intraoperative radiotherapy.
- Authors: Eaton DJ, Earner B, Faulkner P, Dancer N
- Issue date: 2013 Dec
- 50 Years of the IAEA/WHO postal dose audit programme for radiotherapy: what can we learn from 13756 results?
- Authors: Izewska J, Bokulic T, Kazantsev P, Wesolowska P, van der Merwe D
- Issue date: 2020 May