Clinical outcomes and survival following treatment of metastatic castrate-refractory prostate cancer with docetaxel alone or with strontium-89, zoledronic acid, or both: the TRAPEZE randomized clinical trial.
Wylie, James P
AffiliationUniversity Hospital Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust, Birmingham, England
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractBony metastatic castrate-refractory prostate cancer (CRPC) has a poor prognosis and high morbidity. Zoledronic acid (ZA) is commonly combined with docetaxel in practice but lacks evidence that combining is effective, and strontium-89 (Sr89) is generally used palliatively in patients unfit for chemotherapy. Phase 2 analysis of the TRAPEZE trial confirmed combining the agents was safe and feasible, and the objectives of phase 3 include assessment of the treatments on survival.
CitationClinical outcomes and survival following treatment of metastatic castrate-refractory prostate cancer with docetaxel alone or with strontium-89, zoledronic acid, or both: the TRAPEZE randomized clinical trial.. 2016: JAMA Oncol
- TRAPEZE: a randomised controlled trial of the clinical effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of chemotherapy with zoledronic acid, strontium-89, or both, in men with bony metastatic castration-refractory prostate cancer.
- Authors: James N, Pirrie S, Pope A, Barton D, Andronis L, Goranitis I, Collins S, McLaren D, O'Sullivan J, Parker C, Porfiri E, Staffurth J, Stanley A, Wylie J, Beesley S, Birtle A, Brown J, Chakraborti P, Russell M, Billingham L
- Issue date: 2016 Jul
- Cost-effectiveness of zoledronic acid and strontium-89 as bone protecting treatments in addition to chemotherapy in patients with metastatic castrate-refractory prostate cancer: results from the TRAPEZE trial (ISRCTN 12808747).
- Authors: Andronis L, Goranitis I, Pirrie S, Pope A, Barton D, Collins S, Daunton A, McLaren D, O'Sullivan JM, Parker C, Porfiri E, Staffurth J, Stanley A, Wylie J, Beesley S, Birtle A, Brown JE, Chakraborti P, Hussain SA, Russell JM, Billingham LJ, James ND
- Issue date: 2017 Apr
- Addition of docetaxel, zoledronic acid, or both to first-line long-term hormone therapy in prostate cancer (STAMPEDE): survival results from an adaptive, multiarm, multistage, platform randomised controlled trial.
- Authors: James ND, Sydes MR, Clarke NW, Mason MD, Dearnaley DP, Spears MR, Ritchie AW, Parker CC, Russell JM, Attard G, de Bono J, Cross W, Jones RJ, Thalmann G, Amos C, Matheson D, Millman R, Alzouebi M, Beesley S, Birtle AJ, Brock S, Cathomas R, Chakraborti P, Chowdhury S, Cook A, Elliott T, Gale J, Gibbs S, Graham JD, Hetherington J, Hughes R, Laing R, McKinna F, McLaren DB, O'Sullivan JM, Parikh O, Peedell C, Protheroe A, Robinson AJ, Srihari N, Srinivasan R, Staffurth J, Sundar S, Tolan S, Tsang D, Wagstaff J, Parmar MK, STAMPEDE investigators.
- Issue date: 2016 Mar 19
- Prevention of bone metastases in patients with high-risk nonmetastatic prostate cancer treated with zoledronic acid: efficacy and safety results of the Zometa European Study (ZEUS).
- Authors: Wirth M, Tammela T, Cicalese V, Gomez Veiga F, Delaere K, Miller K, Tubaro A, Schulze M, Debruyne F, Huland H, Patel A, Lecouvet F, Caris C, Witjes W
- Issue date: 2015 Mar
- Androgen deprivation therapy plus docetaxel and estramustine versus androgen deprivation therapy alone for high-risk localised prostate cancer (GETUG 12): a phase 3 randomised controlled trial.
- Authors: Fizazi K, Faivre L, Lesaunier F, Delva R, Gravis G, Rolland F, Priou F, Ferrero JM, Houede N, Mourey L, Theodore C, Krakowski I, Berdah JF, Baciuchka M, Laguerre B, Fléchon A, Ravaud A, Cojean-Zelek I, Oudard S, Labourey JL, Chinet-Charrot P, Legouffe E, Lagrange JL, Linassier C, Deplanque G, Beuzeboc P, Davin JL, Martin AL, Habibian M, Laplanche A, Culine S
- Issue date: 2015 Jul