Homozygosity mapping identified a novel protein truncating mutation (p.Ser100Leufs*24) of the BBS9 gene in a consanguineous Pakistani family with Bardet Biedl syndrome.
AffiliationGomal Centre of Biochemistry and Biotechnology, Gomal University Dera Ismail Khan, Khyber-Pakhtoonkhwa, Khyber-Pakhtoonkhwa, 29050, Pakistan.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractBardet Biedl Syndrome (BBS) is a rare condition of multi-organ dysfunction with characteristic clinical features of retinal degeneration, truncal obesity, postaxial polydactyly, genital anomaly, intellectual disability and renal dysfunction. It is a hetero-genetic disorder and nineteen BBS genes have been discovered so far.
CitationHomozygosity mapping identified a novel protein truncating mutation (p.Ser100Leufs*24) of the BBS9 gene in a consanguineous Pakistani family with Bardet Biedl syndrome. 2016, 17 (1):10 BMC Med Genet
JournalBMC Medical Genetics
- Exome sequence analysis in consanguineous Pakistani families inheriting Bardet-Biedle syndrome determined founder effect of mutation c.299delC (p.Ser100Leufs*24) in BBS9 gene.
- Authors: Muzammal M, Zubair M, Bierbaumer S, Blatterer J, Graf R, Gul A, Abbas S, Badar M, Abbasi AA, Khan MA, Windpassinger C
- Issue date: 2019 Aug
- Comparative genomics and gene expression analysis identifies BBS9, a new Bardet-Biedl syndrome gene.
- Authors: Nishimura DY, Swiderski RE, Searby CC, Berg EM, Ferguson AL, Hennekam R, Merin S, Weleber RG, Biesecker LG, Stone EM, Sheffield VC
- Issue date: 2005 Dec
- New mutations in BBS genes in small consanguineous families with Bardet-Biedl syndrome: detection of candidate regions by homozygosity mapping.
- Authors: Pereiro I, Valverde D, Piñeiro-Gallego T, Baiget M, Borrego S, Ayuso C, Searby C, Nishimura D
- Issue date: 2010 Feb 1
- Screening for mutation hotspots in Bardet-Biedl syndrome patients from India.
- Authors: Chandrasekar SP, Namboothiri S, Sen P, Sarangapani S
- Issue date: 2018 Feb
- Clinical and molecular characterisation of Bardet-Biedl syndrome in consanguineous populations: the power of homozygosity mapping.
- Authors: Abu Safieh L, Aldahmesh MA, Shamseldin H, Hashem M, Shaheen R, Alkuraya H, Al Hazzaa SA, Al-Rajhi A, Alkuraya FS
- Issue date: 2010 Apr