Protocol for the CONVERT trial-Concurrent ONce-daily VErsus twice-daily RadioTherapy: an international 2-arm randomised controlled trial of concurrent chemoradiotherapy comparing twice-daily and once-daily radiotherapy schedules in patients with limited stage small cell lung cancer (LS-SCLC) and good performance status.
Lorigan, Paul C
Blackhall, Fiona H
AffiliationManchester Academic Health Science Centre, Institute of Cancer Sciences, Manchester Cancer Research Centre (MCRC), The University of Manchester, Manchester, UK Radiotherapy Related Research, The Christie NHS Foundation Trust, Manchester, UK
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractConcurrent ONce-daily VErsus twice-daily RadioTherapy (CONVERT) is the only multicentre, international, randomised, phase III trial open in Europe and Canada looking at optimisation of chemoradiotherapy (RT) in limited stage small cell lung cancer (LS-SCLC). Following on from the Turrisi trial of once-daily versus twice-daily (BD) concurrent chemoradiotherapy, there is a real need for a new phase III trial using modern conformal RT techniques and investigating higher once-daily radiation dose. This trial has the potential to define a new standard chemo-RT regimen for patients with LS-SCLC and good performance status.
CitationProtocol for the CONVERT trial-Concurrent ONce-daily VErsus twice-daily RadioTherapy: an international 2-arm randomised controlled trial of concurrent chemoradiotherapy comparing twice-daily and once-daily radiotherapy schedules in patients with limited stage small cell lung cancer (LS-SCLC) and good performance status. 2016, 6 (1):e009849 BMJ Open
- Concurrent once-daily versus twice-daily chemoradiotherapy in patients with limited-stage small-cell lung cancer (CONVERT): an open-label, phase 3, randomised, superiority trial.
- Authors: Faivre-Finn C, Snee M, Ashcroft L, Appel W, Barlesi F, Bhatnagar A, Bezjak A, Cardenal F, Fournel P, Harden S, Le Pechoux C, McMenemin R, Mohammed N, O'Brien M, Pantarotto J, Surmont V, Van Meerbeeck JP, Woll PJ, Lorigan P, Blackhall F, CONVERT Study Team.
- Issue date: 2017 Aug
- Association of Chemoradiotherapy With Outcomes Among Patients With Stage I to II vs Stage III Small Cell Lung Cancer: Secondary Analysis of a Randomized Clinical Trial.
- Authors: Salem A, Mistry H, Hatton M, Locke I, Monnet I, Blackhall F, Faivre-Finn C
- Issue date: 2019 Mar 1
- Prognostic value of circulating tumour cells in limited-stage small-cell lung cancer: analysis of the concurrent once-daily versus twice-daily radiotherapy (CONVERT) randomised controlled trial.
- Authors: Tay RY, Fernández-Gutiérrez F, Foy V, Burns K, Pierce J, Morris K, Priest L, Tugwood J, Ashcroft L, Lindsay CR, Faivre-Finn C, Dive C, Blackhall F
- Issue date: 2019 Jul 1
- Accelerated, Dose escalated, Sequential Chemoradiotherapy in Non-small-cell lung cancer (ADSCaN): a protocol for a randomised phase II study.
- Authors: Hatton MQF, Lawless CA, Faivre-Finn C, Landau D, Lester JF, Fenwick J, Simões R, McCartney E, Boyd KA, Haswell T, Shaw A, Paul J
- Issue date: 2019 Jan 29
- [A Phase I/II Study of Chemotherapy Concurrent with Twice-daily Radiotherapy Schedules by Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy Using Simultaneous Integrated Boost for Limited-stage Small Cell Lung Cancer].
- Authors: You J, Yu H, Song M, Shi C, Wang X, Zheng Y, Yu R, Shi A, Zhu G
- Issue date: 2017 Jan 20