AffiliationChristie Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, 550 Wilmslow Rd, Manchester, M20 4BX
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractAs calculated by the meta-analysis of Korn et al., the prognosis of metastatic melanoma in the pretarget and immunological therapy era was poor, with a median survival of 6.2 and a 1-year life expectancy of 25.5%. Nowadays, significant advances in melanoma treatment have been gained, and immunotherapy is one of the promising approaches to get to durable responses and survival improvement. The aim of the present review is to highlight the recent innovations in melanoma immunotherapy and to propose a critical perspective of the future directions of this enthralling oncology subspecialty.
CitationImmunotherapy for advanced melanoma: future directions. 2016, 8 (2):199-209 Immunotherapy
- Immunotherapy for the management of advanced melanoma: the next steps.
- Authors: Zikich D, Schachter J, Besser MJ
- Issue date: 2013 Aug
- Immunotherapy for advanced melanoma: fulfilling the promise.
- Authors: Gogas H, Polyzos A, Kirkwood J
- Issue date: 2013 Dec
- Combinatorial immunotherapy for melanoma.
- Authors: George DD, Armenio VA, Katz SC
- Issue date: 2017 Mar
- Immunotherapy of melanoma: present options and future promises.
- Authors: Rotte A, Bhandaru M, Zhou Y, McElwee KJ
- Issue date: 2015 Mar
- Durable complete clinical responses in a phase I/II trial using an autologous melanoma cell/dendritic cell vaccine.
- Authors: O'Rourke MG, Johnson M, Lanagan C, See J, Yang J, Bell JR, Slater GJ, Kerr BM, Crowe B, Purdie DM, Elliott SL, Ellem KA, Schmidt CW
- Issue date: 2003 Jun