Addition of docetaxel, zoledronic acid, or both to first-line long-term hormone therapy in prostate cancer (STAMPEDE): survival results from an adaptive, multiarm, multistage, platform randomised controlled trial.
Clarke, Noel W
de Bono, J
AffiliationWarwick Medical School, University of Warwick, Coventry, UK
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractLong-term hormone therapy has been the standard of care for advanced prostate cancer since the 1940s. STAMPEDE is a randomised controlled trial using a multiarm, multistage platform design. It recruits men with high-risk, locally advanced, metastatic or recurrent prostate cancer who are starting first-line long-term hormone therapy. We report primary survival results for three research comparisons testing the addition of zoledronic acid, docetaxel, or their combination to standard of care versus standard of care alone.
CitationAddition of docetaxel, zoledronic acid, or both to first-line long-term hormone therapy in prostate cancer (STAMPEDE): survival results from an adaptive, multiarm, multistage, platform randomised controlled trial. 2015: Lancet
- Adding Celecoxib With or Without Zoledronic Acid for Hormone-Naïve Prostate Cancer: Long-Term Survival Results From an Adaptive, Multiarm, Multistage, Platform, Randomized Controlled Trial.
- Authors: Mason MD, Clarke NW, James ND, Dearnaley DP, Spears MR, Ritchie AWS, Attard G, Cross W, Jones RJ, Parker CC, Russell JM, Thalmann GN, Schiavone F, Cassoly E, Matheson D, Millman R, Rentsch CA, Barber J, Gilson C, Ibrahim A, Logue J, Lydon A, Nikapota AD, O'Sullivan JM, Porfiri E, Protheroe A, Srihari NN, Tsang D, Wagstaff J, Wallace J, Walmsley C, Parmar MKB, Sydes MR, STAMPEDE Investigators.
- Issue date: 2017 May 10
- Celecoxib plus hormone therapy versus hormone therapy alone for hormone-sensitive prostate cancer: first results from the STAMPEDE multiarm, multistage, randomised controlled trial.
- Authors: James ND, Sydes MR, Mason MD, Clarke NW, Anderson J, Dearnaley DP, Dwyer J, Jovic G, Ritchie AW, Russell JM, Sanders K, Thalmann GN, Bertelli G, Birtle AJ, O'Sullivan JM, Protheroe A, Sheehan D, Srihari N, Parmar MK, STAMPEDE investigators.
- Issue date: 2012 May
- Addition of docetaxel or bisphosphonates to standard of care in men with localised or metastatic, hormone-sensitive prostate cancer: a systematic review and meta-analyses of aggregate data.
- Authors: Vale CL, Burdett S, Rydzewska LHM, Albiges L, Clarke NW, Fisher D, Fizazi K, Gravis G, James ND, Mason MD, Parmar MKB, Sweeney CJ, Sydes MR, Tombal B, Tierney JF, STOpCaP Steering Group.
- Issue date: 2016 Feb
- Radiotherapy to the primary tumour for newly diagnosed, metastatic prostate cancer (STAMPEDE): a randomised controlled phase 3 trial.
- Authors: Parker CC, James ND, Brawley CD, Clarke NW, Hoyle AP, Ali A, Ritchie AWS, Attard G, Chowdhury S, Cross W, Dearnaley DP, Gillessen S, Gilson C, Jones RJ, Langley RE, Malik ZI, Mason MD, Matheson D, Millman R, Russell JM, Thalmann GN, Amos CL, Alonzi R, Bahl A, Birtle A, Din O, Douis H, Eswar C, Gale J, Gannon MR, Jonnada S, Khaksar S, Lester JF, O'Sullivan JM, Parikh OA, Pedley ID, Pudney DM, Sheehan DJ, Srihari NN, Tran ATH, Parmar MKB, Sydes MR, Systemic Therapy for Advanced or Metastatic Prostate cancer: Evaluation of Drug Efficacy (STAMPEDE) investigators.
- Issue date: 2018 Dec 1
- Short-term androgen suppression and radiotherapy versus intermediate-term androgen suppression and radiotherapy, with or without zoledronic acid, in men with locally advanced prostate cancer (TROG 03.04 RADAR): an open-label, randomised, phase 3 factorial trial.
- Authors: Denham JW, Joseph D, Lamb DS, Spry NA, Duchesne G, Matthews J, Atkinson C, Tai KH, Christie D, Kenny L, Turner S, Gogna NK, Diamond T, Delahunt B, Oldmeadow C, Attia J, Steigler A
- Issue date: 2014 Sep