Quality of life evaluation in patients receiving steroids (the QuESt tool): initial development in children and young people with acute lymphoblastic leukaemia.
AffiliationDepartment of Paediatric Oncology, Children's Hospital for Wales, Cardiff
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe powerful cytotoxic and immunomodulatory effects of corticosteroids are an important element of the success that has been achieved in the treatment of acute lymphoblastic leukaemia (ALL). In addition to physical side effects, corticosteroids can adversely influence behaviour, cognitive function and mood leading to significantly impaired quality of life (QoL). A number of tools exist for assessing QoL, but none of these specifically examines changes attributable to steroids.
CitationQuality of life evaluation in patients receiving steroids (the QuESt tool): initial development in children and young people with acute lymphoblastic leukaemia. 2015: Arch Dis Child
JournalArchives of Disease in Childhood
- Effect of dexamethasone on quality of life in children with acute lymphoblastic leukaemia: a prospective observational study.
- Authors: de Vries MA, van Litsenburg RR, Huisman J, Grootenhuis MA, Versluys AB, Kaspers GJ, Gemke RJ
- Issue date: 2008 Nov 26
- Impaired sleep affects quality of life in children during maintenance treatment for acute lymphoblastic leukemia: an exploratory study.
- Authors: van Litsenburg RR, Huisman J, Hoogerbrugge PM, Egeler RM, Kaspers GJ, Gemke RJ
- Issue date: 2011 Apr 18
- The contribution of neurocognitive functioning to quality of life after childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia.
- Authors: Kunin-Batson A, Kadan-Lottick N, Neglia JP
- Issue date: 2014 Jun
- The impact of dexamethasone and prednisone on sleep in children with acute lymphoblastic leukemia.
- Authors: Daniel LC, Li Y, Kloss JD, Reilly AF, Barakat LP
- Issue date: 2016 Sep
- Development and psychometric validation of measures to assess the impact of phenylketonuria and its dietary treatment on patients' and parents' quality of life: the phenylketonuria - quality of life (PKU-QOL) questionnaires.
- Authors: Regnault A, Burlina A, Cunningham A, Bettiol E, Moreau-Stucker F, Benmedjahed K, Bosch AM
- Issue date: 2015 May 10