AffiliationSanofi Pasteur MSD, Mallards Reach, Bridge Avenue, Maidenhead, Berks
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractPenile cancer is a rare malignancy in Western countries, with an incidence rate of around 1 per 100,000. Due to its rarity, most treatment recommendations are based on small trials and case series reports. Furthermore, data on the resource implications are scarce. The objective of this study was to estimate the annual economic burden of treating penile cancer in England between 2006 and 2011 and the cost of treating a single case based on a modified version of the European Association of Urology penile cancer treatment guidelines.
CitationPenile cancer treatment costs in England. 2015, 15 (1):1305 BMC Public Health
JournalBMC Public Health
- The cost of anal cancer in England: retrospective hospital data analysis and Markov model.
- Authors: Keeping ST, Tempest MJ, Stephens SJ, Carroll SM, Nugent KP, O'Dwyer ST
- Issue date: 2014 Oct 31
- Incidence and cost of anal, penile, vaginal and vulvar cancer in Denmark.
- Authors: Olsen J, Jørgensen TR, Kofoed K, Larsen HK
- Issue date: 2012 Dec 17
- High burden of hospital resource utilization in patients with hidradenitis suppurativa in England: a retrospective cohort study using hospital episode statistics.
- Authors: Desai N, Shah P
- Issue date: 2017 Apr
- Relationship between glycemic control and diabetes-related hospital costs in patients with type 1 or type 2 diabetes mellitus.
- Authors: Menzin J, Korn JR, Cohen J, Lobo F, Zhang B, Friedman M, Neumann PJ
- Issue date: 2010 May
- The cost of oropharyngeal cancer in England: A retrospective hospital data analysis.
- Authors: Keeping ST, Tempest MJ, Stephens SJ, Carroll SM, Simcock R, Jones TM, Shaw R
- Issue date: 2018 Feb