Watch-and-wait approach versus surgical resection after chemoradiotherapy for patients with rectal cancer (the OnCoRe project): a propensity-score matched cohort analysis.
AuthorsRenehan, Andrew G
Saunders, Mark P
Wilson, Malcolm S
O'Dwyer, Sarah T
AffiliationInstitute of Cancer Sciences, Manchester Academic Health Science Centre, University of Manchester, Manchester, UK
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractInduction of a clinical complete response with chemoradiotherapy, followed by observation via a watch-and-wait approach, has emerged as a management option for patients with rectal cancer. We aimed to address the shortage of evidence regarding the safety of the watch-and-wait approach by comparing oncological outcomes between patients managed by watch and wait who achieved a clinical complete response and those who had surgical resection (standard care).
CitationWatch-and-wait approach versus surgical resection after chemoradiotherapy for patients with rectal cancer (the OnCoRe project): a propensity-score matched cohort analysis. 2015: Lancet Oncol
JournalThe Lancet Oncology
- A watch-and-wait approach for locally advanced rectal cancer after a clinical complete response following neoadjuvant chemoradiation: a systematic review and meta-analysis.
- Authors: Dossa F, Chesney TR, Acuna SA, Baxter NN
- Issue date: 2017 Jul
- Factors affecting local regrowth after watch and wait for patients with a clinical complete response following chemoradiotherapy in rectal cancer (InterCoRe consortium): an individual participant data meta-analysis.
- Authors: Chadi SA, Malcomson L, Ensor J, Riley RD, Vaccaro CA, Rossi GL, Daniels IR, Smart NJ, Osborne ME, Beets GL, Maas M, Bitterman DS, Du K, Gollins S, Sun Myint A, Smith FM, Saunders MP, Scott N, O'Dwyer ST, de Castro Araujo RO, Valadao M, Lopes A, Hsiao CW, Lai CL, Smith RK, Paulson EC, Appelt A, Jakobsen A, Wexner SD, Habr-Gama A, Sao Julião G, Perez R, Renehan AG
- Issue date: 2018 Dec
- ["Watch and wait" strategy after neoadjuvant therapy for rectal cancer: status survey of perceptions, attitudes and treatment selection in Chinese surgeons].
- Authors: Sun TT, Wang L, Yao YF, Peng YF, Zhao J, Zhan TC, Leng JH, Wang HY, Chen N, Chen PJ, Li YJ, Zhang X, Liu XZ, Zhang Y, Wu AW
- Issue date: 2019 Jun 25
- Long-term Outcome of an Organ Preservation Program After Neoadjuvant Treatment for Rectal Cancer.
- Authors: Martens MH, Maas M, Heijnen LA, Lambregts DM, Leijtens JW, Stassen LP, Breukink SO, Hoff C, Belgers EJ, Melenhorst J, Jansen R, Buijsen J, Hoofwijk TG, Beets-Tan RG, Beets GL
- Issue date: 2016 Dec
- Oxaliplatin added to fluorouracil-based preoperative chemoradiotherapy and postoperative chemotherapy of locally advanced rectal cancer (the German CAO/ARO/AIO-04 study): final results of the multicentre, open-label, randomised, phase 3 trial.
- Authors: Rödel C, Graeven U, Fietkau R, Hohenberger W, Hothorn T, Arnold D, Hofheinz RD, Ghadimi M, Wolff HA, Lang-Welzenbach M, Raab HR, Wittekind C, Ströbel P, Staib L, Wilhelm M, Grabenbauer GG, Hoffmanns H, Lindemann F, Schlenska-Lange A, Folprecht G, Sauer R, Liersch T, German Rectal Cancer Study Group.
- Issue date: 2015 Aug