A phase II trial of low-dose estradiol in postmenopausal women with advanced breast cancer and acquired resistance to aromatase inhibition.
Armstrong, Anne C
Wardley, Andrew M
Ryder, W David J
Howell, Sacha J
AffiliationThe Christie NHS Foundation Trust, UKThe Christie NHS Foundation Trust, UK; The University of Manchester, UK
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractHigh-dose oestrogen (HDE) is effective but toxic in postmenopausal women with advanced breast cancer (ABC). Prolonged oestrogen deprivation sensitises BC cell lines to estrogen and we hypothesised that third-generation aromatase inhibitors (AIs) would sensitise BCs to low-dose estradiol (LDE).
CitationA phase II trial of low-dose estradiol in postmenopausal women with advanced breast cancer and acquired resistance to aromatase inhibition. 2015, 51 (18):2725-31 Eur J Cancer
JournalEuropean Journal of Cancer
- Clinical benefit of fulvestrant in postmenopausal women with advanced breast cancer and primary or acquired resistance to aromatase inhibitors: final results of phase II Swiss Group for Clinical Cancer Research Trial (SAKK 21/00).
- Authors: Perey L, Paridaens R, Hawle H, Zaman K, Nolé F, Wildiers H, Fiche M, Dietrich D, Clément P, Köberle D, Goldhirsch A, Thürlimann B
- Issue date: 2007 Jan
- Lower-dose vs high-dose oral estradiol therapy of hormone receptor-positive, aromatase inhibitor-resistant advanced breast cancer: a phase 2 randomized study.
- Authors: Ellis MJ, Gao F, Dehdashti F, Jeffe DB, Marcom PK, Carey LA, Dickler MN, Silverman P, Fleming GF, Kommareddy A, Jamalabadi-Majidi S, Crowder R, Siegel BA
- Issue date: 2009 Aug 19
- Fulvestrant in women with advanced breast cancer after progression on prior aromatase inhibitor therapy: North Central Cancer Treatment Group Trial N0032.
- Authors: Ingle JN, Suman VJ, Rowland KM, Mirchandani D, Bernath AM, Camoriano JK, Fishkin PA, Nikcevich DA, Perez EA, North Central Cancer Treatment Group Trial N0032.
- Issue date: 2006 Mar 1
- Aromatase inhibitors for treatment of advanced breast cancer in postmenopausal women.
- Authors: Gibson LJ, Dawson C, Lawrence DH, Bliss JM
- Issue date: 2007 Jan 24
- Fulvestrant in heavily pre-treated patients with advanced breast cancer: results from a single compassionate use programme centre.
- Authors: Catania C, Ascione G, Adamoli L, De Pas T, Medici M, Franceschelli L, Verri E, Magni E, Sanna G, Torrisi R, Goldhirsch A, Nolè F
- Issue date: 2007 Nov