Preoperative HBA1c and risk of postoperative complications in patients with gynaecological cancer.
Slade, Richard J
AffiliationGynaecological Oncology Department, Christie Hospital, 550 Wilmslow Rd, Manchester, M20 4BX
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractHBA1c is used as an indicator for the long-term control of the glycaemic state and outcome predictors in diabetic patients. Diabetic patients have an increased risk of post-operative complications especially those related to infection. The aim of our study is to ascertain the relationship between HBA1c levels and post-operative recovery within the subspecialty of gynaecological oncology.
CitationPreoperative HBA1c and risk of postoperative complications in patients with gynaecological cancer. 2015: Arch Gynecol Obstet
JournalArchives of Gynecology and Obstetrics
- The Presence of Diabetes and Higher HbA<sub>1c</sub> Are Independently Associated With Adverse Outcomes After Surgery.
- Authors: Yong PH, Weinberg L, Torkamani N, Churilov L, Robbins RJ, Ma R, Bellomo R, Lam QT, Burns JD, Hart GK, Lew JF, Mårtensson J, Story D, Motley AN, Johnson D, Zajac JD, Ekinci EI
- Issue date: 2018 Jun
- Association of Elevated Pre-operative Hemoglobin A1c and Post-operative Complications in Non-diabetic Patients: A Systematic Review.
- Authors: Karimian N, Niculiseanu P, Amar-Zifkin A, Carli F, Feldman LS
- Issue date: 2018 Jan
- Postoperative dysglycemia in elective non-diabetic surgical patients: a prospective observational study.
- Authors: Yang MH, Jaeger M, Baxter M, VanDenKerkhof E, van Vlymen J
- Issue date: 2016 Dec
- Preoperative Glycosylated Hemoglobin and Postoperative Glucose Together Predict Major Complications after Abdominal Surgery.
- Authors: Goodenough CJ, Liang MK, Nguyen MT, Nguyen DH, Holihan JL, Alawadi ZM, Roth JS, Wray CJ, Ko TC, Kao LS
- Issue date: 2015 Oct
- Systematic review of the impact of HbA1c on outcomes following surgery in patients with diabetes mellitus.
- Authors: Rollins KE, Varadhan KK, Dhatariya K, Lobo DN
- Issue date: 2016 Apr