Role of 18-Fludeoxyglucose positron emission tomography-computed tomography and subsequent panendoscopy in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma of unknown primary.
AffiliationHead and Neck Oncology Department, The Christie NHS Trust, Manchester
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractHead and neck squamous cell carcinomas of unknown primary (HNSCCUP) accounts for up to 10% of presenting head and neck squamous cell carcinomas. Identification of the primary site allows for directed therapy. Where initial investigations have failed to locate the primary site, 18-fludeoxyglucose positron emission tomography-computed tomography (PET/CT) has emerged as a useful tool with improved sensitivity over positron emission tomography alone. Following PET/CT scan, the role of subsequent panendoscopy ± biopsy has not been fully assessed. We aim to evaluate and quantify the role of PET/CT and subsequent panendoscopy in HNSCCUP.
CitationRole of 18-Fludeoxyglucose positron emission tomography-computed tomography and subsequent panendoscopy in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma of unknown primary. 2015: Laryngoscope
- Combination of panendoscopy and positron emission tomography/computed tomography increases detection of unknown primary head and neck carcinoma.
- Authors: Sokoya M, Chowdhury F, Kadakia S, Ducic Y
- Issue date: 2018 Nov
- Management of the unknown primary carcinoma: long-term follow-up on a negative PET scan and negative panendoscopy.
- Authors: Miller FR, Karnad AB, Eng T, Hussey DH, Stan McGuff H, Otto RA
- Issue date: 2008 Jan
- Role of narrow-band imaging in detection of head and neck unknown primary squamous cell carcinoma.
- Authors: Filauro M, Paderno A, Perotti P, Marchi F, Garofolo S, Peretti G, Piazza C
- Issue date: 2018 Sep
- Role of 18F-FDG PET in detecting primary site in the patient with primary unknown carcinoma.
- Authors: Yabuki K, Tsukuda M, Horiuchi C, Taguchi T, Nishimura G
- Issue date: 2010 Nov
- Lymph node metastasis of squamous cell carcinoma from an unknown primary: impact of positron emission tomography.
- Authors: Stoeckli SJ, Mosna-Firlejczyk K, Goerres GW
- Issue date: 2003 Mar