Primary cerebral histiocytic sarcoma in childhood: a case report of protracted survival and review of the literature.
AffiliationSalford Royal Hospital, Stott Lane, M6 8HD, Salford
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractHistiocytic sarcoma (HS) of the central nervous system (CNS) is exceptionally rare in pediatric patients, historically associated with an exceptionally poor prognosis. Here, the authors present a novel case of protracted progression-free survival following surgical excision, radiotherapy and temozolomide.
CitationPrimary cerebral histiocytic sarcoma in childhood: a case report of protracted survival and review of the literature. 2015, 31 (12):2363-8 Childs Nerv Syst
JournalChild's Nervous System
- Primary histiocytic sarcoma of the central nervous system: a case report with platelet derived growth factor receptor mutation and PD-L1/PD-L2 expression and literature review.
- Authors: May JM, Waddle MR, Miller DH, Stross WC, Kaleem TA, May BC, Miller RC, Jiang L, Strong GW, Trifiletti DM, Chaichana KL, Reimer R, Tun HW, Peterson JL
- Issue date: 2018 Sep 5
- Primary histiocytic sarcoma of the brain mimicking cerebral abscess.
- Authors: Almefty RO, Tyree TL, Fusco DJ, Coons SW, Nakaji P
- Issue date: 2013 Sep
- Primary central nervous system histiocytic sarcoma.
- Authors: Laviv Y, Zagzag D, Fichman-Horn S, Michowitz S
- Issue date: 2013 Jul
- Pediatric intracerebral histiocytic sarcoma with rhabdoid features: Case report and literature review.
- Authors: Kim YH, Yie GT, Kim NR, Jeon IS, Cho HY, Seok JY, Kim EY, Lee KC
- Issue date: 2017 Dec
- Histiocytic sarcoma of the brain.
- Authors: Gill-Samra S, Ng T, Dexter M, Wong M, Nahar N, Allsopp K, Boadle RA, Varikatt W
- Issue date: 2012 Oct