Fluorouracil plasma monitoring: systematic review and economic evaluation of the My5-FU assay for guiding dose adjustment in patients receiving fluorouracil chemotherapy by continuous infusion.
Saunders, Mark P
AffiliationWarwick Medical School, University of Warwick, Coventry
MetadataShow full item record
Abstract5-Fluorouracil (5-FU) is a chemotherapy used in colorectal, head and neck (H&N) and other cancers. Dose adjustment is based on body surface area (BSA) but wide variations occur. Pharmacokinetic (PK) dosing is suggested to bring plasma levels into the therapeutic range to promote fewer side effects and better patient outcomes. We investigated the clinical effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of the My5-FU assay for PK dose adjustment to 5-FU therapy.
CitationFluorouracil plasma monitoring: systematic review and economic evaluation of the My5-FU assay for guiding dose adjustment in patients receiving fluorouracil chemotherapy by continuous infusion. 2015, 19 (91):1-322 Health Technol Assess
JournalHealth Technology Assessment
- Cost effectiveness analysis of pharmacokinetically-guided 5-fluorouracil in FOLFOX chemotherapy for metastatic colorectal cancer.
- Authors: Goldstein DA, Chen Q, Ayer T, Howard DH, Lipscomb J, Harvey RD, El-Rayes BF, Flowers CR
- Issue date: 2014 Dec
- Systematic review and economic evaluation of bevacizumab and cetuximab for the treatment of metastatic colorectal cancer.
- Authors: Tappenden P, Jones R, Paisley S, Carroll C
- Issue date: 2007 Mar
- The use of irinotecan, oxaliplatin and raltitrexed for the treatment of advanced colorectal cancer: systematic review and economic evaluation.
- Authors: Hind D, Tappenden P, Tumur I, Eggington S, Sutcliffe P, Ryan A
- Issue date: 2008 May
- The clinical and cost-effectiveness of oxaliplatin and capecitabine for the adjuvant treatment of colon cancer: systematic review and economic evaluation.
- Authors: Pandor A, Eggington S, Paisley S, Tappenden P, Sutcliffe P
- Issue date: 2006 Nov
- Individual fluorouracil dose adjustment in FOLFOX based on pharmacokinetic follow-up compared with conventional body-area-surface dosing: a phase II, proof-of-concept study.
- Authors: Capitain O, Asevoaia A, Boisdron-Celle M, Poirier AL, Morel A, Gamelin E
- Issue date: 2012 Dec