FOXM1 and polo-like kinase 1 are co-ordinately overexpressed in patients with gastric adenocarcinomas.
AffiliationFaculty of Life Sciences, University of Manchester, Michael Smith Building, Oxford Road, Manchester, M13 9PT
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractGastric cancers present late in life with advanced disease and carry a poor prognosis. Polo-like Kinase 1 (PLK1) is a mitotic kinase with regulatory functions during G2/M and mitosis in the cell cycle. In mammalian cells, there is an intricate co-regulatory relationship between PLK1 and the forkhead transcription factor FOXM1. It has been demonstrated that individually either PLK1 or FOXM1 expression predicts poorer survival. However, the co-expression of both of these markers in gastric adenocarcinomas has not been reported previously.
CitationFOXM1 and polo-like kinase 1 are co-ordinately overexpressed in patients with gastric adenocarcinomas. 2015, 8:676 BMC Res Notes
JournalBMC Research Notes
- The FOXM1-PLK1 axis is commonly upregulated in oesophageal adenocarcinoma.
- Authors: Dibb M, Han N, Choudhury J, Hayes S, Valentine H, West C, Ang YS, Sharrocks AD
- Issue date: 2012 Nov 6
- Plk1-dependent phosphorylation of FoxM1 regulates a transcriptional programme required for mitotic progression.
- Authors: Fu Z, Malureanu L, Huang J, Wang W, Li H, van Deursen JM, Tindall DJ, Chen J
- Issue date: 2008 Sep
- The expression of Nek7, FoxM1, and Plk1 in gallbladder cancer and their relationships to clinicopathologic features and survival.
- Authors: Wang R, Song Y, Xu X, Wu Q, Liu C
- Issue date: 2013 Aug
- Oncogenic effect of Polo-like kinase 1 expression in human gastric carcinomas.
- Authors: Jang YJ, Kim YS, Kim WH
- Issue date: 2006 Sep
- Expression patterns of polo-like kinase 1 in human gastric cancer.
- Authors: Weichert W, Ullrich A, Schmidt M, Gekeler V, Noske A, Niesporek S, Buckendahl AC, Dietel M, Denkert C
- Issue date: 2006 Apr