AffiliationDepartment of Endocrinology , King's College Hospital London
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe management of hyponatremia has evolved in recent years, particularly with the introduction of tolvaptan for hyponatremia secondary to the syndrome of inappropriate antidiuretic hormone secretion (SIADH). This commentary presents a summary of recent international recommendations in the form of a series of didactic 'dos and don'ts', in order to provide concise, practical guidance for practising clinicians focused on the investigation and management of euvolemic hyponatremia (SIADH).
Citation'Dos and don'ts' in the management of hyponatremia. 2015, 31 (9):1755-61 Curr Med Res Opin
JournalCurrent Medical Research and Opinion
- Treatment of hyponatremia induced by the syndrome of Inappropriate antidiuretic hormone secretion: a multidisciplinary spanish algorithm.
- Authors: Runkle I, Villabona C, Navarro A, Pose A, Formiga F, Tejedor A, Poch E
- Issue date: 2014
- [The treament of hyponatremia secundary to the syndrome of inappropriate antidiuretic hormone secretion].
- Authors: Runkle I, Villabona C, Navarro A, Pose A, Formiga F, Tejedor A, Poch E, European Hyponatremia Network.
- Issue date: 2013 Dec 7
- [Hyponatremia in older persons (II)-A clear treatment : How to detect tricks and avoid pitfalls].
- Authors: Hofmann W, Flägel K, Gosch M
- Issue date: 2020 Aug
- Management of euvolemic hyponatremia attributed to SIADH in the hospital setting.
- Authors: Peri A, Giuliani C
- Issue date: 2014 Mar
- [Syndrome of inadequate ADH secretion: pitfalls in diagnosis and therapy].
- Authors: Schäffler A, Lindner U
- Issue date: 2015 Mar