Intranasal human growth hormone (hGH) induces IGF-I levels comparable to subcutaneous injection with lower systemic exposure to hGH in healthy volunteers.
AffiliationCritical Pharmaceuticals Limited, BioCity Nottingham, Pennyfoot St, Nottingham
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe development of an improved, efficacious hGH product administered by a non-injectable route of delivery such as the nasal route is highly desirable. We have developed a novel nasal hGH product (CP024) that showed excellent nasal absorption in animal models, however translation of these results into the clinical setting is essential, as past attempts to develop such formulations by other groups have been unable to induce IGF-1 in man.
CitationIntranasal human growth hormone (hGH) induces IGF-I levels comparable to subcutaneous injection with lower systemic exposure to hGH in healthy volunteers. 2015:jc20144146 J Clin Endocrinol Metab
JournalJournal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism
- Bioavailability and bioactivity of three different doses of nasal growth hormone (GH) administered to GH-deficient patients: comparison with intravenous and subcutaneous administration.
- Authors: Laursen T, Grandjean B, Jørgensen JO, Christiansen JS
- Issue date: 1996 Sep
- A reversible albumin-binding growth hormone derivative is well tolerated and possesses a potential once-weekly treatment profile.
- Authors: Rasmussen MH, Olsen MW, Alifrangis L, Klim S, Suntum M
- Issue date: 2014 Oct
- Relative Bioavailability of a Single 4-mg Dose of Somatropin Administered by Subcutaneous Injection or by Needle-free Device and Coadministered With the Growth Hormone Inhibitor Octreotide Acetate in Healthy Adult Subjects.
- Authors: Brimhall DB, Petri N, D'Angelo P
- Issue date: 2018 May
- Exogenous 20K growth hormone (GH) suppresses endogenous 22K GH secretion in normal men.
- Authors: Hashimoto Y, Kamioka T, Hosaka M, Mabuchi K, Mizuchi A, Shimazaki Y, Tsunoo M, Tanaka T
- Issue date: 2000 Feb
- Long-Acting C-Terminal Peptide-Modified hGH (MOD-4023): Results of a Safety and Dose-Finding Study in GHD Children.
- Authors: Zelinska N, Iotova V, Skorodok J, Malievsky O, Peterkova V, Samsonova L, Rosenfeld RG, Zadik Z, Jaron-Mendelson M, Koren R, Amitzi L, Raduk D, Hershkovitz O, Hart G
- Issue date: 2017 May 1