Cancers in Australia attributable to exposure to solar ultraviolet radiation and prevented by regular sunscreen use.
AffiliationQIMR Berghofer Medical Research Institute, Queensland
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractTo estimate the proportion and numbers of cancers occurring in Australia attributable to solar ultraviolet radiation (UVR) and the proportion and numbers prevented by regular sun protection factor (SPF) 15+ sunscreen use.
CitationCancers in Australia attributable to exposure to solar ultraviolet radiation and prevented by regular sunscreen use. 2015, 39 (5):471-6 Aust N Z J Public Health
JournalAustralian and New Zealand Journal of Public Health
- How many melanomas might be prevented if more people applied sunscreen regularly?
- Authors: Olsen CM, Wilson LF, Green AC, Biswas N, Loyalka J, Whiteman DC
- Issue date: 2018 Jan
- Sun protection for preventing basal cell and squamous cell skin cancers.
- Authors: Sánchez G, Nova J, Rodriguez-Hernandez AE, Medina RD, Solorzano-Restrepo C, Gonzalez J, Olmos M, Godfrey K, Arevalo-Rodriguez I
- Issue date: 2016 Jul 25
- [Protection from sunlight, particularly for children].
- Authors: van Praag MC, Pavel S, Menke HE, Oranje AP
- Issue date: 2000 Apr 29
- Sun protective behaviour and sunburn prevalence in primary and secondary schoolchildren in western Switzerland.
- Authors: Ackermann S, Vuadens A, Levi F, Bulliard JL
- Issue date: 2016
- Sun Protection and Skin Examination Practices in a Setting of High Ambient Solar Radiation: A Population-Based Cohort Study.
- Authors: Olsen CM, Thompson BS, Green AC, Neale RE, Whiteman DC, QSkin Sun and Health Study Group.
- Issue date: 2015 Sep