AffiliationDepartment of Gynecological Oncology, Christie Hospital, Manchester, United Kingdom
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractMinimally invasive surgery, specifically robotic surgery, became a common technique used by gynecological surgeons over the last decade. The realization of the first human uterine transplantation commenced new perspectives in the treatment of uterine agenesia or infertility in women with history of hysterectomy at a young age. Robot-assisted technique may enhance the safety of the procedure by facilitating the microvascular anastomosis, vaginal anastomosis, and ligaments' fixation. This study proposes the formation of a multicenter collaboration group to organize a protocol with the aim to clarify the possible role of robotic surgery in uterine transplantation.
CitationPossible role of DaVinci Robot in uterine transplantation. 2015, 16 (3):179-80 J Turk Ger Gynecol Assoc
JournalJournal of the Turkish German Gynecological Association
- [Da vinci robotic surgery in gynaecological oncology: a critical interim appraisal].
- Authors: Bartos P, Struppl D, Trhlík M, Czudek S, Skrovina M, Adamcík L, Soumarová R
- Issue date: 2007 Oct
- Modified human uterus transplantation using ovarian veins for venous drainage: the first report of surgically successful robotic-assisted uterus procurement and follow-up for 12 months.
- Authors: Wei L, Xue T, Tao KS, Zhang G, Zhao GY, Yu SQ, Cheng L, Yang ZX, Zheng MJ, Li F, Wang Q, Han Y, Shi YQ, Dong HL, Lu ZH, Wang Y, Yang H, Ma XD, Liu SJ, Liu HX, Xiong LZ, Chen BL
- Issue date: 2017 Aug
- A randomized trial comparing vaginal and laparoscopic hysterectomy vs robot-assisted hysterectomy.
- Authors: Lönnerfors C, Reynisson P, Persson J
- Issue date: 2015 Jan
- Robotic hysterectomy versus conventional laparoscopic hysterectomy: outcome and cost analyses of a matched case-control study.
- Authors: Sarlos D, Kots L, Stevanovic N, Schaer G
- Issue date: 2010 May
- Gynecologic robotic laparoendoscopic single-site surgery: prospective analysis of feasibility, safety, and technique.
- Authors: Scheib SA, Fader AN
- Issue date: 2015 Feb