Effectiveness of metyrapone in treating Cushing's Syndrome: a retrospective multicenter study in 195 patients.
Trainer, Peter J
Minder, Anna-Elisabeth H
AffiliationThe Medical School, University of Sheffield, Sheffield.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractCushing's syndrome is a severe condition with excess mortality and significant morbidity necessitating control of hypercortisolemia. There are few data documenting use of the steroidogenesis inhibitor metyrapone for this purpose.
CitationEffectiveness of metyrapone in treating Cushing's Syndrome: a retrospective multicenter study in 195 patients. 2015: 20152616 J Clin Endocrinol Metab
JournalThe Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism
- Short and long-term responses to metyrapone in the medical management of 91 patients with Cushing's syndrome.
- Authors: Verhelst JA, Trainer PJ, Howlett TA, Perry L, Rees LH, Grossman AB, Wass JA, Besser GM
- Issue date: 1991 Aug
- Mitotane, metyrapone, and ketoconazole combination therapy as an alternative to rescue adrenalectomy for severe ACTH-dependent Cushing's syndrome.
- Authors: Kamenický P, Droumaguet C, Salenave S, Blanchard A, Jublanc C, Gautier JF, Brailly-Tabard S, Leboulleux S, Schlumberger M, Baudin E, Chanson P, Young J
- Issue date: 2011 Sep
- Diagnosis and management of Cushing's syndrome: results of an Italian multicentre study. Study Group of the Italian Society of Endocrinology on the Pathophysiology of the Hypothalamic-Pituitary-Adrenal Axis.
- Authors: Invitti C, Pecori Giraldi F, de Martin M, Cavagnini F
- Issue date: 1999 Feb
- Rapid control of severe neoplastic hypercortisolism with metyrapone and ketoconazole.
- Authors: Corcuff JB, Young J, Masquefa-Giraud P, Chanson P, Baudin E, Tabarin A
- Issue date: 2015 Apr
- An evaluation of the distinction of ectopic and pituitary ACTH dependent Cushing's syndrome by clinical features, biochemical tests and radiological findings.
- Authors: Blunt SB, Sandler LM, Burrin JM, Joplin GF
- Issue date: 1990 Nov