Using whole exome sequencing to identify genetic markers for carboplatin and gemcitabine-induced toxicities.
de Petris, L
Blackhall, Fiona H
AffiliationMedical and Health Sciences, Linkoping University
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractChemotherapies are associated with significant inter-individual variability in therapeutic effect and adverse drug reactions. In lung cancer, the use of gemcitabine and carboplatin induces grade 3 or 4 myelosuppression in about a quarter of the patients, while an equal fraction of patients are basically unaffected in terms of myelosuppressive side effects. We therefore set out to identify genetic markers for gemcitabine/carboplatin-induced myelosuppression.
CitationUsing whole exome sequencing to identify genetic markers for carboplatin and gemcitabine-induced toxicities. 2015: Clin Cancer Res
JournalClinical Cancer Research
- A phase I study of gemcitabine and carboplatin in non-small cell lung cancer.
- Authors: Carmichael J, Allerheiligen S, Walling J
- Issue date: 1996 Oct
- Phase II study of gemcitabine and carboplatin in patients with advanced non-small-cell lung cancer.
- Authors: Wang LR, Huang MZ, Zhang GB, Xu N, Wu XH
- Issue date: 2007 Sep
- A randomized phase II study of gemcitabine and carboplatin with or without cediranib as first-line therapy in advanced non-small-cell lung cancer: North Central Cancer Treatment Group Study N0528.
- Authors: Dy GK, Mandrekar SJ, Nelson GD, Meyers JP, Adjei AA, Ross HJ, Ansari RH, Lyss AP, Stella PJ, Schild SE, Molina JR, Adjei AA
- Issue date: 2013 Jan
- The proteasome inhibitor bortezomib in combination with gemcitabine and carboplatin in advanced non-small cell lung cancer: a California Cancer Consortium Phase I study.
- Authors: Davies AM, Ruel C, Lara PN, Lau DH, Gumerlock PH, Bold R, Shibata S, Lenz HJ, Schenkein DP, Gandara DR
- Issue date: 2008 Jan
- Randomized phase II study of two schedules of carboplatin and gemcitabine for stage IIIB and IV advanced non-small cell lung cancer (JACCRO LC-01 study).
- Authors: Imamura F, Nishio M, Noro R, Tsuboi M, Ikeda N, Inoue A, Ohsaki Y, Kimura Y, Nishino K, Uchida J, Horai T
- Issue date: 2011