External urethral sphincter electromyography in asymptomatic women and the influence of the menstrual cycle.
AffiliationDepartment of Urology, Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust, Salford,
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractTo investigate by electromyography (EMG), the presence of complex repetitive discharges (CRDs) and decelerating bursts (DBs) in the striated external urethral sphincter during the menstrual cycle in female volunteers with no urinary symptoms and complete bladder emptying.
CitationExternal urethral sphincter electromyography in asymptomatic women and the influence of the menstrual cycle. 2015, 116 (3):423-31 BJU Int
- Open-label study evaluating outpatient urethral sphincter injections of onabotulinumtoxinA to treat women with urinary retention due to a primary disorder of sphincter relaxation (Fowler's syndrome).
- Authors: Panicker JN, Seth JH, Khan S, Gonzales G, Haslam C, Kessler TM, Fowler CJ
- Issue date: 2016 May
- Complex repetitive discharges during urethral sphincter EMG: clinical correlates.
- Authors: FitzGerald MP, Blazek B, Brubaker L
- Issue date: 2000
- Neurogenic failures of the external urethral sphincter closure and relaxation; a videourodynamic study.
- Authors: Sakakibara R, Hattori T, Uchiyama T, Yamanishi T, Ito H, Ito K
- Issue date: 2001 Jan 14
- Abnormal electromyographic activity (decelerating burst and complex repetitive discharges) in the striated muscle of the urethral sphincter in 5 women with persisting urinary retention.
- Authors: Fowler CJ, Kirby RS
- Issue date: 1985 Feb
- Electromyographic abnormalities in the urethral and anal sphincters of women with idiopathic retention of urine.
- Authors: Webb RJ, Fawcett PR, Neal DE
- Issue date: 1992 Jul