PRISMA analysis of 30 day readmissions to a tertiary cancer hospital.
AffiliationDepartment of Acute and Critical Care Medicine, The Christie, Manchester, UK
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractHospital readmissions are increasingly used as a quality indicator. Patients with cancer have an increased risk of readmission. The purpose of this study was to develop an in depth understanding of the causes of readmissions in patients undergoing cancer treatment using PRISMA methodology and was subsequently used to identify any potentially preventable causes of readmission in this cohort.
CitationPRISMA analysis of 30 day readmissions to a tertiary cancer hospital. 2015, 14 (2):53-6 Acute Med
- Examination of unplanned 30-day readmissions to a comprehensive cancer hospital.
- Authors: Saunders ND, Nichols SD, Antiporda MA, Johnson K, Walker K, Nilsson R, Graham L, Old M, Klisovic RB, Penza S, Schmidt CR
- Issue date: 2015 Mar
- Causes and risk factors for 30-day unplanned readmissions after lumbar spine surgery.
- Authors: Pugely AJ, Martin CT, Gao Y, Mendoza-Lattes S
- Issue date: 2014 Apr 20
- Patterns of readmission and reoperation within 90 days after Roux-en-Y gastric bypass.
- Authors: Kellogg TA, Swan T, Leslie DA, Buchwald H, Ikramuddin S
- Issue date: 2009 Jul-Aug
- Exploring the preventable causes of unplanned readmissions using root cause analysis: Coordination of care is the weakest link.
- Authors: Fluitman KS, van Galen LS, Merten H, Rombach SM, Brabrand M, Cooksley T, Nickel CH, Subbe CP, Kramer MHH, Nanayakkara PWB, safer@home consortium.
- Issue date: 2016 May
- Risk Factors for 30-Day Readmissions of Individuals with Decompensated Cirrhosis.
- Authors: Agrawal K, Kumar P, Markert R, Agrawal S
- Issue date: 2015 Nov