Stromal infiltration of CD8 T cells is associated with improved clinical outcome in HPV-positive oropharyngeal squamous carcinoma.
AuthorsOguejiofor, Kenneth K
Slevin, Nicholas J
Stern, Peter L
West, Catharine M L
AffiliationTranslational Radiobiology Group, Institute of Cancer Sciences, Manchester Academic Health Science Centre, University of Manchester, Wilmslow Road, Manchester
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractPatients with human papillomavirus (HPV)-positive oropharyngeal squamous cell carcinoma (OPSCC) have a better prognosis than those with HPV-negative tumours. There is interest in de-escalating their treatment but strategies are needed for risk stratification to identify subsets with a poor prognosis. This study investigated tumour-infiltrating lymphocytes (TILs) in relation to HPV tumour status and patient survival.
CitationStromal infiltration of CD8 T cells is associated with improved clinical outcome in HPV-positive oropharyngeal squamous carcinoma. 2015, 113 (6):886-93 Br J Cancer
JournalBritish Journal of Cancer
- Oropharyngeal squamous cell carcinomas differentially express granzyme inhibitors.
- Authors: van Kempen PM, Noorlag R, Swartz JE, Bovenschen N, Braunius WW, Vermeulen JF, Van Cann EM, Grolman W, Willems SM
- Issue date: 2016 May
- CD8-alpha T-cell infiltration in human papillomavirus-related oropharyngeal carcinoma correlates with improved patient prognosis.
- Authors: Jung AC, Guihard S, Krugell S, Ledrappier S, Brochot A, Dalstein V, Job S, de Reynies A, Noël G, Wasylyk B, Clavel C, Abecassis J
- Issue date: 2013 Jan 15
- CD8+ and CD4+ tumour infiltrating lymphocytes in relation to human papillomavirus status and clinical outcome in tonsillar and base of tongue squamous cell carcinoma.
- Authors: Nordfors C, Grün N, Tertipis N, Ährlund-Richter A, Haeggblom L, Sivars L, Du J, Nyberg T, Marklund L, Munck-Wikland E, Näsman A, Ramqvist T, Dalianis T
- Issue date: 2013 Jul
- Distinct patterns of infiltrating CD8+ T cells in HPV+ and CD68 macrophages in HPV- oropharyngeal squamous cell carcinomas are associated with better clinical outcome but PD-L1 expression is not prognostic.
- Authors: Oguejiofor K, Galletta-Williams H, Dovedi SJ, Roberts DL, Stern PL, West CM
- Issue date: 2017 Feb 28
- CD56-positive lymphocyte infiltration in relation to human papillomavirus association and prognostic significance in oropharyngeal squamous cell carcinoma.
- Authors: Wagner S, Wittekindt C, Reuschenbach M, Hennig B, Thevarajah M, Würdemann N, Prigge ES, von Knebel Doeberitz M, Dreyer T, Gattenlöhner S, Klussmann JP
- Issue date: 2016 May 1