Synthetic heparan sulfate dodecasaccharides reveal single sulfation site interconverts CXCL8 and CXCL12 chemokine biology.
AffiliationChristie Hospital, Institute of Cancer Studies, University of Manchester, Manchester, M20 4BX, UK
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe multigram-scale synthesis of a sulfation-site programmed heparin-like dodecasaccharide is described. Evaluation alongside dodecasaccharides lacking this single glucosamine O6-sulfation, or having per-O6-sulfation, shows that site-specific modification of the terminal glucosamine dramatically interconverts regulation of in vitro and in vivo biology mediated by the two important chemokines, CXCL12 (SDF1α) or CXCL8 (IL-8).
CitationSynthetic heparan sulfate dodecasaccharides reveal single sulfation site interconverts CXCL8 and CXCL12 chemokine biology. 2015, 51 (72):13846-9 Chem Commun
- Synthetic heparan sulfate oligosaccharides inhibit endothelial cell functions essential for angiogenesis.
- Authors: Cole CL, Hansen SU, Baráth M, Rushton G, Gardiner JM, Avizienyte E, Jayson GC
- Issue date: 2010 Jul 21
- Synthetic heparin and heparan sulfate oligosaccharides and their protein interactions.
- Authors: Zulueta MM, Lin SY, Hu YP, Hung SC
- Issue date: 2013 Dec
- Regulation of FGF-1 mitogenic activity by heparan sulfate oligosaccharides is dependent on specific structural features: differential requirements for the modulation of FGF-1 and FGF-2.
- Authors: Pye DA, Vivès RR, Hyde P, Gallagher JT
- Issue date: 2000 Nov
- Synthetic Site-Selectively Mono-6-O-Sulfated Heparan Sulfate Dodecasaccharide Shows Anti-Angiogenic Properties In Vitro and Sensitizes Tumors to Cisplatin In Vivo.
- Authors: Avizienyte E, Cole CL, Rushton G, Miller GJ, Bugatti A, Presta M, Gardiner JM, Jayson GC
- Issue date: 2016
- Modulatory effects of heparin and short-length oligosaccharides of heparin on the metastasis and growth of LMD MDA-MB 231 breast cancer cells in vivo.
- Authors: Mellor P, Harvey JR, Murphy KJ, Pye D, O'Boyle G, Lennard TW, Kirby JA, Ali S
- Issue date: 2007 Sep 17