Variation in cardiac screening and management of carcinoid geart disease in the UK and Republic of Ireland.
AffiliationNeuroendocrine Tumour Group, University Hospital Aintree, Liverpool, UK
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractScreening for carcinoid heart disease is an important, yet frequently neglected aspect of the management of patients with neuroendocrine tumours (NETs). Screening is advocated in international guidelines, although recommendations on the modality and frequency are poorly defined. We mapped current practice for the screening and management of carcinoid heart disease in specialist NET centres throughout the UK and Republic of Ireland.
CitationVariation in Cardiac Screening and Management of Carcinoid Heart Disease in the UK and Republic of Ireland. 2015: Clin Oncol
- Serial surveillance of carcinoid heart disease: factors associated with echocardiographic progression and mortality.
- Authors: Dobson R, Burgess MI, Valle JW, Pritchard DM, Vora J, Wong C, Chadwick C, Keevi B, Adaway J, Hofmann U, Poston GJ, Cuthbertson DJ
- Issue date: 2014 Oct 28
- Determination of the optimal echocardiographic scoring system to quantify carcinoid heart disease.
- Authors: Dobson R, Cuthbertson DJ, Jones J, Valle JW, Keevil B, Chadwick C, Poston GP, Burgess MI
- Issue date: 2014
- Diagnosing and Managing Carcinoid Heart Disease in Patients With Neuroendocrine Tumors: An Expert Statement.
- Authors: Davar J, Connolly HM, Caplin ME, Pavel M, Zacks J, Bhattacharyya S, Cuthbertson DJ, Dobson R, Grozinsky-Glasberg S, Steeds RP, Dreyfus G, Pellikka PA, Toumpanakis C
- Issue date: 2017 Mar 14
- Carcinoid heart disease--a hidden complication of neuroendocrine tumours.
- Authors: Dero I, De Pauw M, Borbath I, Delaunoit T, Demetter P, Demolin G, Hendlisz A, Pattyn P, Pauwels S, Roeyen G, Van Cutsem E, Van Hootegem P, Van Laethem JL, Verslype C, Peeters M
- Issue date: 2009 Jan-Mar
- Carcinoid Heart Disease: A Review.
- Authors: Hayes AR, Davar J, Caplin ME
- Issue date: 2018 Sep