Digital histology quantification of intra-hepatic fat in patients undergoing liver resection.
Plumb, Andrew A
de Liguori Carino, N
Renehan, Andrew G
AffiliationInstitute of Cancer Sciences, University of Manchester, Manchester, UK
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractHigh intra-hepatic fat (IHF) content is associated with insulin resistance, visceral adiposity, and increased morbidity and mortality following liver resection. However, in clinical practice, IHF is assessed indirectly by pre-operative imaging [for example, chemical-shift magnetic resonance (CS-MR)]. We used the opportunity in patients undergoing liver resection to quantify IHF by digital histology (D-IHF) and relate this to CT-derived anthropometrics, insulin-related serum biomarkers, and IHF estimated by CS-MR.
CitationDigital histology quantification of intra-hepatic fat in patients undergoing liver resection. 2015, 41 (8):1020-7 Eur J Surg Oncol
JournalEuropean Journal of Surgical Oncology
- Intrahepatic fat, abdominal adipose tissues, and metabolic state: magnetic resonance imaging study.
- Authors: Yaskolka Meir A, Tene L, Cohen N, Shelef I, Schwarzfuchs D, Gepner Y, Zelicha H, Rein M, Bril N, Serfaty D, Kenigsbuch S, Chassidim Y, Sarusy B, Dicker D, Thiery J, Ceglarek U, Stumvoll M, Blüher M, Stampfer MJ, Rudich A, Shai I
- Issue date: 2017 Jul
- Hepatic steatosis in patients undergoing resection of colorectal liver metastases: A target for prehabilitation? A narrative review.
- Authors: Doherty DT, Coe PO, Rimmer L, Lapsia S, Krige A, Subar DA
- Issue date: 2019 Sep
- Impact of Visceral Adiposity as Well as Sarcopenic Factors on Outcomes in Patients Undergoing Liver Resection for Colorectal Liver Metastases.
- Authors: Kobayashi A, Kaido T, Hamaguchi Y, Okumura S, Shirai H, Kamo N, Yagi S, Taura K, Okajima H, Uemoto S
- Issue date: 2018 Apr
- Development of MR quantified pancreatic fat deposition as a cancer risk biomarker.
- Authors: Coe PO, Williams SR, Morris DM, Parkin E, Harvie M, Renehan AG, O'Reilly DA
- Issue date: 2018 Jun
- Pancreatic fat and β-cell function in overweight/obese children with nonalcoholic fatty liver disease.
- Authors: Pacifico L, Di Martino M, Anania C, Andreoli GM, Bezzi M, Catalano C, Chiesa C
- Issue date: 2015 Apr 21