Digital histology quantification of intra-hepatic fat in patients undergoing liver resection.
Plumb, Andrew A
de Liguori Carino, N
Renehan, Andrew G
AffiliationInstitute of Cancer Sciences, University of Manchester, Manchester, UK
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractHigh intra-hepatic fat (IHF) content is associated with insulin resistance, visceral adiposity, and increased morbidity and mortality following liver resection. However, in clinical practice, IHF is assessed indirectly by pre-operative imaging [for example, chemical-shift magnetic resonance (CS-MR)]. We used the opportunity in patients undergoing liver resection to quantify IHF by digital histology (D-IHF) and relate this to CT-derived anthropometrics, insulin-related serum biomarkers, and IHF estimated by CS-MR.
CitationDigital histology quantification of intra-hepatic fat in patients undergoing liver resection. 2015, 41 (8):1020-7 Eur J Surg Oncol
JournalEuropean Journal of Surgical Oncology
- Hepatic steatosis in patients undergoing resection of colorectal liver metastases: A target for prehabilitation? A narrative review.
- Authors: Doherty DT, Coe PO, Rimmer L, Lapsia S, Krige A, Subar DA
- Issue date: 2019 Sep
- Associations of Abdominal Subcutaneous and Visceral Fat with Insulin Resistance and Secretion Differ Between Men and Women: The Netherlands Epidemiology of Obesity Study.
- Authors: de Mutsert R, Gast K, Widya R, de Koning E, Jazet I, Lamb H, le Cessie S, de Roos A, Smit J, Rosendaal F, den Heijer M
- Issue date: 2018 Feb
- Visceral adiposity and inflammatory bowel disease.
- Authors: Rowan CR, McManus J, Boland K, O'Toole A
- Issue date: 2021 Nov
- The role of C-reactive protein, adiponectin and leptin in the association between abdominal adiposity and insulin resistance in middle-aged individuals.
- Authors: Noordam R, Boersma V, Verkouter I, le Cessie S, Christen T, Lamb HJ, Rosendaal FR, Willems van Dijk K, van Heemst D, de Mutsert R
- Issue date: 2020 Jul 24
- Impact of Visceral Adiposity as Well as Sarcopenic Factors on Outcomes in Patients Undergoing Liver Resection for Colorectal Liver Metastases.
- Authors: Kobayashi A, Kaido T, Hamaguchi Y, Okumura S, Shirai H, Kamo N, Yagi S, Taura K, Okajima H, Uemoto S
- Issue date: 2018 Apr