AffiliationDepartment of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, The Christie NHS Foundation Trust, Manchester, United Kingdom
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWide local excision of a lesion that encompasses several facial subunits including medial canthus, nasal sidewall, and cheek provides multiple aesthetic and reconstructive challenges to restore both orbital function as well as appearance. We report the first successful use of a chimeric upper eyelid--supraorbital flap to reconstruct a facial defect, secondary to a wide local excision of the lower eyelid, entire nasal sidewall, and infraorbital cheek in a patient with a biopsy-proven diagnosis of malignant melanoma. Chimeric upper eyelid--supraorbital flap provides simultaneous reconstruction of lower eyelid, nasal sidewall, and infraorbital areas, therefore replacing multiple facial aesthetic subunits at the same time providing unparalleled tissue quality match to all areas as well as excellent functional and aesthetic outcomes.
CitationChimeric Upper Eyelid--Supraorbital Flap Reconstruction. 2015, 3 (5):e399 Plast Reconstr Surg
JournalPlastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Modified cheek advancement flap for medial lower eyelid, nasal sidewall and infraorbital cheek reconstruction: a case series.
- Authors: Albanese G, Kasbekar S, Abercrombie LC
- Issue date: 2020 Apr
- Simultaneous cheek and lower eyelid reconstruction with combinations of local flaps.
- Authors: Eroglu L, Simsek T, Gumus M, Aydogdu IO, Kurt A, Yildirim K
- Issue date: 2013
- The Versatility of Cheek Rotation Flaps.
- Authors: Kim KP, Sim HS, Choi JH, Lee SY, Lee DH, Kim SH, Kim HM, Hwang JH, Kim KS
- Issue date: 2016 Dec
- A combined flap reconstruction for full-thickness defects of the medial canthal region.
- Authors: Motomura H, Taniguchi T, Harada T, Muraoka M
- Issue date: 2006
- Advancement perforator cheek flap for aesthetic one-stage reconstruction of postoncological extended split-thickness defects of the nasal sidewall.
- Authors: Rossi M, Milia A, Carmisciano M, D'Arpa S, Cordova A, Moschella F
- Issue date: 2013