AutoLock: a semiautomated system for radiotherapy treatment plan quality control.
AuthorsDewhurst, Joseph M
Hardy, Mark J
Boylan, Christopher J
Rowbottom, Carl G
AffiliationChristie Medical Physics & Engineering The Christie NHS Foundation Trust
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA semiautomated system for radiotherapy treatment plan quality control (QC), named AutoLock, is presented. AutoLock is designed to augment treatment plan QC by automatically checking aspects of treatment plans that are well suited to computational evaluation, whilst summarizing more subjective aspects in the form of a checklist. The treatment plan must pass all automated checks and all checklist items must be acknowledged by the planner as correct before the plan is finalized. Thus AutoLock uniquely integrates automated treatment plan QC, an electronic checklist, and plan finalization. In addition to reducing the potential for the propagation of errors, the integration of AutoLock into the plan finalization workflow has improved efficiency at our center. Detailed audit data are presented, demonstrating that the treatment plan QC rejection rate fell by around a third following the clinical introduction of AutoLock.
CitationAutoLock: a semiautomated system for radiotherapy treatment plan quality control. 2015, 16 (3):5396 J Appl Clin Med Phys
JournalJournal of applied clinical medical physics / American College of Medical Physics
- Improving treatment plan evaluation with automation.
- Authors: Covington EL, Chen X, Younge KC, Lee C, Matuszak MM, Kessler ML, Keranen W, Acosta E, Dougherty AM, Filpansick SE, Moran JM
- Issue date: 2016 Nov 8
- Standardization and automation of quality assurance for high-dose-rate brachytherapy planning with application programming interface.
- Authors: Cai B, Altman MB, Reynoso F, Garcia-Ramirez J, He A, Edward SS, Zoberi I, Thomas MA, Gay H, Mutic S, Zoberi JE
- Issue date: 2019 Jan - Feb
- Automation and intensity modulated radiation therapy for individualized high-quality tangent breast treatment plans.
- Authors: Purdie TG, Dinniwell RE, Fyles A, Sharpe MB
- Issue date: 2014 Nov 1
- A semi-automated tool for treatment plan-quality evaluation and clinical trial quality assurance.
- Authors: Wang J, Chen W, Studenski M, Cui Y, Lee AJ, Xiao Y
- Issue date: 2013 Jul 7
- Computerized System for Safety Verification of External Beam Radiation Therapy Planning.
- Authors: Holdsworth C, Kukluk J, Molodowitch C, Czerminska M, Hancox C, Cormack RA, Beaudette K, Killoran JH
- Issue date: 2017 Jul 1