Optimisation of immunofluorescence methods to determine MCT1 and MCT4 expression in circulating tumour cells.
AffiliationClinical and Experimental Pharmacology Group, Manchester Cancer Research Centre, Cancer Research UK Manchester Institute, University of Manchester
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe monocarboxylate transporter-1 (MCT1) represents a novel target in rational anticancer drug design while AZD3965 was developed as an inhibitor of this transporter and is undergoing Phase I clinical trials ( http://www.clinicaltrials.gov/show/NCT01791595 ). We describe the optimisation of an immunofluorescence (IF) method for determination of MCT1 and MCT4 in circulating tumour cells (CTC) as potential prognostic and predictive biomarkers of AZD3965 in cancer patients.
CitationOptimisation of immunofluorescence methods to determine MCT1 and MCT4 expression in circulating tumour cells. 2015, 15:387 BMC Cancer
- Activity of the monocarboxylate transporter 1 inhibitor AZD3965 in small cell lung cancer.
- Authors: Polański R, Hodgkinson CL, Fusi A, Nonaka D, Priest L, Kelly P, Trapani F, Bishop PW, White A, Critchlow SE, Smith PD, Blackhall F, Dive C, Morrow CJ
- Issue date: 2014 Feb 15
- CD147 subunit of lactate/H+ symporters MCT1 and hypoxia-inducible MCT4 is critical for energetics and growth of glycolytic tumors.
- Authors: Le Floch R, Chiche J, Marchiq I, Naiken T, Ilc K, Murray CM, Critchlow SE, Roux D, Simon MP, Pouysségur J
- Issue date: 2011 Oct 4
- Monocarboxylate Transporters MCT1 and MCT4 Regulate Migration and Invasion of Pancreatic Ductal Adenocarcinoma Cells.
- Authors: Kong SC, Nøhr-Nielsen A, Zeeberg K, Reshkin SJ, Hoffmann EK, Novak I, Pedersen SF
- Issue date: 2016 Aug
- Prognostic significance of lactate/proton symporters MCT1, MCT4, and their chaperone CD147 expressions in urothelial carcinoma of the bladder.
- Authors: Choi JW, Kim Y, Lee JH, Kim YS
- Issue date: 2014 Jul
- Monocarboxylate transporter 4 (MCT4) and CD147 overexpression is associated with poor prognosis in prostate cancer.
- Authors: Pértega-Gomes N, Vizcaíno JR, Miranda-Gonçalves V, Pinheiro C, Silva J, Pereira H, Monteiro P, Henrique RM, Reis RM, Lopes C, Baltazar F
- Issue date: 2011 Jul 25