Recent trends in incidence of five common cancers in 26 European countries since 1988: Analysis of the European Cancer Observatory.
Renehan, Andrew G
AffiliationSection of Cancer Information, International Agency for Research on Cancer, Lyon, France
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractIndividual country- and cancer site-specific studies suggest that the age-adjusted incidence of many common cancers has increased in European populations over the past two decades. To quantify the extent of these trends and the recent burden of cancer, here we present a comprehensive overview of trends in population-based incidence of the five common cancers across Europe derived from a new web-based portal of the European cancer registries.
CitationRecent trends in incidence of five common cancers in 26 European countries since 1988: Analysis of the European Cancer Observatory. 2015, 51 (9):1164-87 Eur J Cancer
JournalEuropean Journal of Cancer
- Convergence of decreasing male and increasing female incidence rates in major tobacco-related cancers in Europe in 1988-2010.
- Authors: Lortet-Tieulent J, Renteria E, Sharp L, Weiderpass E, Comber H, Baas P, Bray F, Coebergh JW, Soerjomataram I
- Issue date: 2015 Jun
- Cancer incidence and mortality patterns in Europe: estimates for 40 countries in 2012.
- Authors: Ferlay J, Steliarova-Foucher E, Lortet-Tieulent J, Rosso S, Coebergh JW, Comber H, Forman D, Bray F
- Issue date: 2013 Apr
- Cancer incidence and mortality patterns in South Eastern Europe in the last decade: gaps persist compared with the rest of Europe.
- Authors: Znaor A, van den Hurk C, Primic-Zakelj M, Agius D, Coza D, Demetriou A, Dimitrova N, Eser S, Karakilinc H, Zivkovic S, Bray F, Coebergh JW
- Issue date: 2013 May
- Estimates of cancer incidence and mortality in Europe in 1995.
- Authors: Bray F, Sankila R, Ferlay J, Parkin DM
- Issue date: 2002 Jan
- Recent trends of cancer in Europe: a combined approach of incidence, survival and mortality for 17 cancer sites since the 1990s.
- Authors: Karim-Kos HE, de Vries E, Soerjomataram I, Lemmens V, Siesling S, Coebergh JW
- Issue date: 2008 Jul