Surgical management of medullary thyroid cancer: which guidelines should we follow?
AffiliationDepartment of ENT,Central Manchester NHS Foundation Trust,Manchester,UK
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractSurgery is currently the only curative treatment for medullary thyroid cancer. Unfortunately, the surgical strategy that will offer patients at each disease stage the best chance of a biochemical cure remains unclear. The American Thyroid Association and British Thyroid Association guidelines offer different strategies.
CitationSurgical management of medullary thyroid cancer: which guidelines should we follow? 2015, 129 (5):478-83 J Laryngol Otol
JournalThe Journal of Laryngology and Otology
- Medullary thyroid cancer: are practice patterns in the United States discordant from American Thyroid Association guidelines?
- Authors: Panigrahi B, Roman SA, Sosa JA
- Issue date: 2010 Jun
- Surgical strategy for the treatment of sporadic medullary thyroid carcinoma: our experience.
- Authors: Lupone G, Antonino A, Rosato A, Zenone P, Iervolino EM, Grillo M, De Palma M
- Issue date: 2012 Nov-Dec
- National Trends in the Surgical Treatment of Non-advanced Medullary Thyroid Cancer (MTC): An Evaluation of Adherence with the 2009 American Thyroid Association Guidelines.
- Authors: Chang EHE, Lutfi W, Feinglass J, Reiher AE, Moo-Young T, Bhayani MK
- Issue date: 2016 Dec
- Management of the lateral neck compartment in patients with sporadic medullary thyroid cancer.
- Authors: Pena I, Clayman GL, Grubbs EG, Bergeron JM Jr, Waguespack SG, Cabanillas ME, Dadu R, Hu MI, Fellman BM, Li Y, Gross ND, Lai SY, Sturgis EM, Zafereo ME
- Issue date: 2018 Jan
- PROGNOSTIC VARIABLES AFFECTING PRIMARY TREATMENT OUTCOME FOR MEDULLARY THYROID CANCER.
- Authors: Momin S, Chute D, Burkey B, Scharpf J
- Issue date: 2017 Sep