Experience of brentuximab vedotin in relapsed/refractory Hodgkin lymphoma and relapsed/refractory systemic anaplastic large-cell lymphoma in the Named Patient Program: Review of the literature.
AffiliationInstitute of Haematology and Medical Oncology, 'L. & A. Seragnoli', University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractBrentuximab vedotin was made available via a Named Patient Program (NPP) to non-US/Canadian patients with relapsed/refractory (R/R) Hodgkin lymphoma (HL) or systemic anaplastic large-cell lymphoma (sALCL) until approval in their respective countries. We re-evaluated the efficacy and safety NPP data in a pooled analysis. Through a systematic literature review, 21 NPP publications were identified describing 14 cohorts (N=245). Among patients with a specified diagnosis, 207 had HL, 28 had ALCL, and one had CD30+ T-cell lymphoma (not specified). In cohorts reporting response, overall response and complete remission rates were 67% and 26%, respectively, in R/R HL, and 75% and 74%, respectively, in R/R ALCL. Incidences of grade 3/4 neurologic and hematologic toxicities were 6% and 12%, respectively; 5% of patients discontinued because of toxicity. In real-world practice, response rates and tolerability to brentuximab vedotin are similar to those reported in the two pivotal phase 2 trials in these settings.
CitationExperience of brentuximab vedotin in relapsed/refractory Hodgkin lymphoma and relapsed/refractory systemic anaplastic large-cell lymphoma in the Named Patient Program: Review of the literature. 2015: Crit Rev Oncol Hematol
JournalCritical Reviews in Oncology/Hematology
- The European Medicines Agency Review of Brentuximab Vedotin (Adcetris) for the Treatment of Adult Patients With Relapsed or Refractory CD30+ Hodgkin Lymphoma or Systemic Anaplastic Large Cell Lymphoma: Summary of the Scientific Assessment of the Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use.
- Authors: Gravanis I, Tzogani K, van Hennik P, de Graeff P, Schmitt P, Mueller-Berghaus J, Salmonson T, Gisselbrecht C, Laane E, Bergmann L, Pignatti F
- Issue date: 2016 Jan
- Brentuximab vedotin in relapsed/refractory Hodgkin lymphoma: An updated review of published data from the named patient program.
- Authors: Zinzani PL, Sasse S, Radford J, Gautam A, Bonthapally V
- Issue date: 2016 Aug
- Long-Term Responders After Brentuximab Vedotin: Single-Center Experience on Relapsed and Refractory Hodgkin Lymphoma and Anaplastic Large Cell Lymphoma Patients.
- Authors: Gandolfi L, Pellegrini C, Casadei B, Stefoni V, Broccoli A, Tonialini L, Morigi A, Argnani L, Zinzani PL
- Issue date: 2016 Dec
- Brentuximab vedotin: a new age in the treatment of Hodgkin lymphoma and anaplastic large cell lymphoma.
- Authors: Minich SS
- Issue date: 2012 Mar
- Retreatment with brentuximab vedotin in patients with CD30-positive hematologic malignancies.
- Authors: Bartlett NL, Chen R, Fanale MA, Brice P, Gopal A, Smith SE, Advani R, Matous JV, Ramchandren R, Rosenblatt JD, Huebner D, Levine P, Grove L, Forero-Torres A
- Issue date: 2014 Mar 19