The effect of resistance inspiratory muscle training in the management of breathlessness in patients with thoracic malignancies: a feasibility randomised trial.
AffiliationSchool of Nursing, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Kowloon, Hong Kong
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractBreathlessness in patients with lung cancer is a common and distressing symptom affecting 50-70 % of patients, rising to some 90 % for those with advanced lung cancer. The aim of the current study was to assess how feasible inspiratory muscle training (IMT) is in the lung cancer population and explore changes in outcome variables.
CitationThe effect of resistance inspiratory muscle training in the management of breathlessness in patients with thoracic malignancies: a feasibility randomised trial. 2015, 23 (6):1637-45 Support Care Cancer
JournalSupportive Care in Cancer
- Management of the respiratory distress symptom cluster in lung cancer: a randomised controlled feasibility trial.
- Authors: Yorke J, Lloyd-Williams M, Smith J, Blackhall F, Harle A, Warden J, Ellis J, Pilling M, Haines J, Luker K, Molassiotis A
- Issue date: 2015 Nov
- Pilot Study of a Brief Behavioral Intervention for Dyspnea in Patients With Advanced Lung Cancer.
- Authors: Greer JA, MacDonald JJ, Vaughn J, Viscosi E, Traeger L, McDonnell T, Pirl WF, Temel JS
- Issue date: 2015 Dec
- A randomised controlled trial of three or one breathing technique training sessions for breathlessness in people with malignant lung disease.
- Authors: Johnson MJ, Kanaan M, Richardson G, Nabb S, Torgerson D, English A, Barton R, Booth S
- Issue date: 2015 Sep 7
- Safety and efficacy of short- and long-term inspiratory muscle training in late-onset Pompe disease (LOPD): a pilot study.
- Authors: Wenninger S, Greckl E, Babačić H, Stahl K, Schoser B
- Issue date: 2019 Jan
- Effects of a simple prototype respiratory muscle trainer on respiratory muscle strength, quality of life and dyspnea, and oxidative stress in COPD patients: a preliminary study.
- Authors: Leelarungrayub J, Pinkaew D, Puntumetakul R, Klaphajone J
- Issue date: 2017