The abscopal effect of local radiotherapy: using immunotherapy to make a rare event clinically relevant.
AffiliationKU Leuven - University of Leuven, Department of Oncology, Experimental Radiation Oncology, University Hospitals Leuven
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractRecently, immunologic responses to localized irradiation are proposed as mediator of systemic effects after localized radiotherapy (called the abscopal effect). Here, we give an overview of both preclinical and clinical data about the abscopal effect in particular and link them with the immunogenic properties of radiotherapy.
CitationThe abscopal effect of local radiotherapy: using immunotherapy to make a rare event clinically relevant. 2015: Cancer Treat Rev
JournalCancer Treatment Reviews
- Abscopal Effect of Radiotherapy in the Immunotherapy Era: Systematic Review of Reported Cases.
- Authors: Dagoglu N, Karaman S, Caglar HB, Oral EN
- Issue date: 2019 Feb 20
- Combining radiotherapy and ipilimumab induces clinically relevant radiation-induced abscopal effects in metastatic melanoma patients: A systematic review.
- Authors: Chicas-Sett R, Morales-Orue I, Rodriguez-Abreu D, Lara-Jimenez P
- Issue date: 2018 Feb
- [Non-targeted effects (bystander, abscopal) of external beam radiation therapy: an overview for the clinician].
- Authors: Sun R, Sbai A, Ganem G, Boudabous M, Collin F, Marcy PY, Doglio A, Thariat J
- Issue date: 2014 Dec
- The Abscopal Effect of Radiation Therapy: What Is It and How Can We Use It in Breast Cancer?
- Authors: Hu ZI, McArthur HL, Ho AY
- Issue date: 2017
- Systematic review of case reports on the abscopal effect.
- Authors: Abuodeh Y, Venkat P, Kim S
- Issue date: 2016 Jan-Feb