Patient-reported outcomes for multicentric Castleman's disease in a randomized, placebo-controlled study of Siltuximab.
Authorsvan Rhee, F
AffiliationMyeloma Institute for Research and Therapy, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, AR, 72205, USA
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractMulticentric Castleman's disease (MCD) is a rare lymphoproliferative disorder driven by dysregulated interleukin-6 production. MCD has a poor prognosis, and treatment is generally noncurative and aimed at symptom relief. Siltuximab is a novel, monoclonal interleukin-6 antibody recently shown to be effective in a registration clinical trial. MCD symptoms, such as fatigue, pain, and weakness, are most appropriately quantified using patient-reported outcome (PRO) measures. We assessed the effect of siltuximab on patient perception of symptoms, functional status, and wellbeing using PRO instruments.
CitationPatient-reported Outcomes for Multicentric Castleman's Disease in a Randomized, Placebo-controlled Study of Siltuximab. 2015, 8 (2):207-16 Patient
- The effects of interleukin-6 neutralizing antibodies on symptoms of depressed mood and anhedonia in patients with rheumatoid arthritis and multicentric Castleman's disease.
- Authors: Sun Y, Wang D, Salvadore G, Hsu B, Curran M, Casper C, Vermeulen J, Kent JM, Singh J, Drevets WC, Wittenberg GM, Chen G
- Issue date: 2017 Nov
- Siltuximab for multicentric Castleman's disease: a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial.
- Authors: van Rhee F, Wong RS, Munshi N, Rossi JF, Ke XY, Fosså A, Simpson D, Capra M, Liu T, Hsieh RK, Goh YT, Zhu J, Cho SG, Ren H, Cavet J, Bandekar R, Rothman M, Puchalski TA, Reddy M, van de Velde H, Vermeulen J, Casper C
- Issue date: 2014 Aug
- A phase 2, open-label, multicenter study of the long-term safety of siltuximab (an anti-interleukin-6 monoclonal antibody) in patients with multicentric Castleman disease.
- Authors: van Rhee F, Casper C, Voorhees PM, Fayad LE, van de Velde H, Vermeulen J, Qin X, Qi M, Tromp B, Kurzrock R
- Issue date: 2015 Oct 6
- Deriving health utility values from a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of siltuximab in subjects with multicentric Castleman's disease.
- Authors: Vernon M, Robinson D Jr, Trundell D, Ishak J, Jen MH, Brazier J
- Issue date: 2016 Jul
- Siltuximab in relapsed/refractory multicentric Castleman disease: Experience of the Italian NPP program.
- Authors: Tonialini L, Bonfichi M, Ferrero S, Malipiero G, Nozza A, Argnani L, Zinzani PL
- Issue date: 2018 Oct