Successful delivery of chemotherapy to treat small-cell prostate cancer in a patient undergoing haemodialysis.
AffiliationThe Christie NHS Foundation Trust , Manchester , UKThe Christie NHS Foundation Trust , Manchester , UK
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWe report on the successful treatment of small-cell prostate cancer in a patient undergoing haemodialysis. The therapeutic regimen included 300 mg/m(2) of carboplatin and 50 mg/m(2) of etoposide coupled with radical radiotherapy. Adjustments to the patient's haemodialysis prescription included the use of high flux, a larger dialyser surface area and an increased dialysis time. The parameters used aided tolerance to the drug, allowing the delivery of safe, effective treatment. At an interval of over 12 months post-treatment the patient shows no clinical evidence of recurrent disease. This case provides evidence to encourage the use of chemotherapy in otherwise potentially undertreated haemodialysed patients.
CitationSuccessful delivery of chemotherapy to treat small-cell prostate cancer in a patient undergoing haemodialysis. 2014, 7 (6):593-4 Clin Kidney J
JournalClinical Kidney Journal
- Successful chemotherapy for small-cell lung cancer in an elderly patient undergoing continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis.
- Authors: Tanizawa K, Fukunaga K, Okumura N, Sugimura M, Tanaka E, Hajiro T, Sakuramoto M, Minakuchi M, Hashimoto S, Yasuda T, Kaji Y, Ikezoe K, Sato E, Nakajima T, Taguchi Y
- Issue date: 2010
- Pharmacokinetics of carboplatin and etoposide in a haemodialysis patient with Merkel-cell carcinoma.
- Authors: Suzuki S, Koide M, Sakamoto S, Matsuo T
- Issue date: 1997 Jan
- Removal of high-molecular-weight solutes during high-efficiency and high-flux haemodialysis.
- Authors: Leypoldt JK, Cheung AK
- Issue date: 1996 Feb
- Carboplatin-etoposide combination chemotherapy in metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer: A retrospective study.
- Authors: Caubet M, Dobi E, Pozet A, Almotlak H, Montcuquet P, Maurina T, Mouillet G, N'guyen T, Stein U, Thiery-Vuillemin A, Fiteni F
- Issue date: 2015 Nov
- Effect of dialyser membrane pore size on plasma homocysteine levels in haemodialysis patients.
- Authors: De Vriese AS, Langlois M, Bernard D, Geerolf I, Stevens L, Boelaert JR, Schurgers M, Matthys E
- Issue date: 2003 Dec