X:Map: annotation and visualization of genome structure for Affymetrix exon array analysis.
AffiliationCancer Research UK, Bioinformatics Group, Paterson Institute for Cancer Research, The University of Manchester, Christie Hospital Site, Wilmslow Road, Withington, Manchester, M20 4BX, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractAffymetrix exon arrays aim to target every known and predicted exon in the human, mouse or rat genomes, and have reporters that extend beyond protein coding regions to other areas of the transcribed genome. This combination of increased coverage and precision is important because a substantial proportion of protein coding genes are predicted to be alternatively spliced, and because many non-coding genes are known also to be of biological significance. In order to fully exploit these arrays, it is necessary to associate each reporter on the array with the features of the genome it is targeting, and to relate these to gene and genome structure. X:Map is a genome annotation database that provides this information. Data can be browsed using a novel Google-maps based interface, and analysed and further visualized through an associated BioConductor package. The database can be found at http://xmap.picr.man.ac.uk.
CitationX:Map: annotation and visualization of genome structure for Affymetrix exon array analysis. 2008, 36 (Database issue):D780-6 Nucleic Acids Res.
JournalNucleic Acids Research
- GATExplorer: genomic and transcriptomic explorer; mapping expression probes to gene loci, transcripts, exons and ncRNAs.
- Authors: Risueño A, Fontanillo C, Dinger ME, De Las Rivas J
- Issue date: 2010 Apr 29
- Gene expression and isoform variation analysis using Affymetrix Exon Arrays.
- Authors: Bemmo A, Benovoy D, Kwan T, Gaffney DJ, Jensen RV, Majewski J
- Issue date: 2008 Nov 7
- ECgene: genome annotation for alternative splicing.
- Authors: Kim P, Kim N, Lee Y, Kim B, Shin Y, Lee S
- Issue date: 2005 Jan 1
- Exon Array Analyzer: a web interface for Affymetrix exon array analysis.
- Authors: Gellert P, Uchida S, Braun T
- Issue date: 2009 Dec 15
- VEGA, the genome browser with a difference.
- Authors: Loveland J
- Issue date: 2005 Jun